Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

40 series disc brake conversion kits and power steering kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bj4079

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:06    Post subject: 40 series disc brake conversion kits and power steering kits Reply with quote

Hi all
This is an American site I came across that sell Toyota parts. More to the point they supply kits for 40 series for front disc brake conversion and power steering. They have good pictures of these kits too. They do many other useful engine and body parts too
There is useful general information too on the different model types in the links. Hope this might be of help.

http://www.jtoutfitters.com/

Regards
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:09    Post subject: Re: 40 series disc brake conversion kits and power steering Reply with quote

bj4079 wrote:
Hi all
This is an American site I came across that sell Toyota parts. More to the point they supply kits for 40 series for front disc brake conversion and power steering. They have good pictures of these kits too. They do many other useful engine and body parts too
There is useful general information too on the different model types in the links. Hope this might be of help.

http://www.jtoutfitters.com/

Regards

Cool link my 41 already has them stock but when I do the FJ45 I'll use hilux components as I happen to break them and it doesn't look like a terrible job
bj4079

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 23:03    Post subject: Disc brakes for 40 series Reply with quote

Hi Hilux Darren,
Is your 41 a British model or was it imported? If imported which models have this and from which year? Is this the case for power steering as well?
I own a 1979 BJ40 which has no disc brakes or power steering. The care has been imported but I don't know where from.
regards
Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 16:49    Post subject: Re: Disc brakes for 40 series Reply with quote

bj4079 wrote:
Hi Hilux Darren,
Is your 41 a British model or was it imported? If imported which models have this and from which year? Is this the case for power steering as well?
I own a 1979 BJ40 which has no disc brakes or power steering. The care has been imported but I don't know where from.
regards

The 41 is a Jap market model not sure on year I'm guessing 82 on due to the engine used.. 2B 3.2 diesel havn't got a log book so can't be sure
devonoak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 45/47 is a hj with the heavy 2h engine but no power steering, its not heavy at all, beautifully engineered really.
bj4079

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:21    Post subject: heavy 2h engine Reply with quote

Is that the 6 cylinder diesel engine? what was the capacity, power, torque of these engines? Did later LC models also use these engines? Were any turbocharged or have 5 sp gearboxes?
Regards
BJ4079
rodger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:04    Post subject: 2h with 5spd Reply with quote

HJ45s started with 3600 cc H engine with 4spd and the HJ60 had the 2H engine - 4ltr & 4 spd. 1982 onwards, some 2H engines were available with 5spd box. The HJ61 (85 onwards (?))had the 12H-T engine 4 ltr turbo diesel - these are rare!
Both engines are similar but the 12H-T is turbocharged. Can't find the power output figures at the moment but I've got them somewhere.

Regards
Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
rodger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:31    Post subject: Specs Reply with quote

2F: 6cyl 4230cc - HP = 135ps@3600rpm. Max torque 29.0 kg-m/1800rpm
3B: 3431cc diesel: HP = 98ps@3500rpm. Torque 23.0kg-m @ 2200rpm
2H: 3980cc diesel: HP 103ps @3500rpm: Torque 24.5kg-m @2000rpm

Haven't got the figures for the 12H-T
You could always put a turbo kit on a 2H but depends on where you want the power & torque.

Hope that helps

Regards

Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
devonoak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

hj47 was the later version of the 45- had the 2h engine , a really bulletproof lump. about 105hp normally aspirated but torquey. Used them a lot towing timber and the sawmill- slow compared to the 1hd-t (4.2 ohc turbo in 80 series) but ALWAYS got there regardless of weight or gradient. Highly recommended, also run on almost any vaguely oil based substance
bj4079

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:38    Post subject: Engine Specs Reply with quote

Thanks both Rodger and Devenoak for the information.  
It seems a gradual evolution of the engines although I would have thought going from 4 cyl to 6 cyl would make a big difference to power/torque. I am surprised at the figures somewhat, in that the the best torque figure still comes from the 2F, an older petrol unit peaking at only a low 1800 rpm. I know that this engine has its origins in a light truck. Just surprised that the later diesel units do not produce better torque.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: