2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

post pictures of your cruiser

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24Seven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine, no mods to come (I don't think anyway)

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 19:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

seph234
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

and my l/c

24seven have you got spacers on your wheels? as my at's just rub a little on full lock
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, 24, that is one nice looking cruiser there. Just as nature intended, it still looks the absolute biz. Dorset is looking a little dusty though. Not had any rain recently?

LC
24Seven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landcrusher wrote:
You know, 24, that is one nice looking cruiser there. Just as nature intended, it still looks the absolute biz. Dorset is looking a little dusty though. Not had any rain recently?

LC

Yes it's a bit dry down here at the moment  Laughing
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

here
And now with the tints

'vette in China
24Seven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

seph234 wrote:

24seven have you got spacers on your wheels? as my at's just rub a little on full lock

No, just an OMU lift.

Guess mines a different size to yours (255/85/16s) and yes they do rub a small amount on the wheel arch plastic insert on full lock, braking, going down hill Smile
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we  have my 'old' 80 series in Cape Town  Crying or Very sad

and the new one  Laughing

and

and

and

LC - one for you  Wink

Crispin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

That top pic of your 120 - did that catch you off guard and...did you make it out?

Only pics I have are of a day cut short at Salisbury Sad (My engine bay is still full of that white mud..)

Is that Jon in the other pic? Finally putting some faces to names.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha!!  Nope - didn't make it out - Paul had to winch me out.  It caught us all by surprise I think - I was trying to go around some really deep ruts that even Paul's seriously lifted 80 rubbed on (the middelmannetjie bit) and that bit was really spongy - the wheel just fell in!  Could't go forwards, and couldn't go back.  This was when my centre diff was busted, so no traction at all when the front right started spining, even with all the buttons pushed!

And yes - that's Jon - a bit surprised that the 120 eased through that bit, which is trickier and steeper than the 2 dimensional pic shows  Laughing   That's one of the lanes near Lincomb.  The muddy bit where LC's LC is is on Lincomb Farm's trail - one of the axle-twister bits you don't have to go through if you don't want.

The picture of the LC swimming in Wales shows that a snorkel is not a bad idea - there is an intake in front of the front right wheel on the 120 which is where it pulls air for the intake, and I had mud all the way up there and into the bottom of the air cleaner and the filter was a wreck - had to throw it out when I got home.  So a snorkel is now on my list of things I want from Santa.  As well as a suspension lift  Wink
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gary, it's twisting nicely there. I have dropped mine into soft bits like that before. It's a no hoper usually. Very tricky that sort of position without some assistance. Last time it involved burying the spare wheel if you recall. Ground anchor now firmly attached to the roof rack. This is where the rear winch comes in handy. Not tricky to set up if you have Anderson connectors and a tow ball.

Nice looking 80 too.
joinerman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vette, have you taken yours with you to China ?
seph234
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

24Seven wrote:
seph234 wrote:

No, just an OMU lift.

Guess mines a different size to yours (255/85/16s) and yes they do rub a small amount on the wheel arch plastic insert on full lock, braking, going down hill Smile

Ok i thought your wheels were the same as mine 17's i have 265/70/17  but only rub a little when om full lock.

Some good pics coming out do you reckon i should take my l/c to lincolmb(spelling).   Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: