Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Window tinting in the South

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
busaboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:40    Post subject: Window tinting in the South Reply with quote

Like it says on the tin Smile
Can anyone recommend a window tinter that they have used in the South, pref Hampshire?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Wildmutt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Busaboy. Where in Hamble are you? Haven't seen any new cruisers around the village. My neighbour used Johnsons window tinting company that are on the industrial estate by the contact lens factory, i believe. They did a real tidy job on his ML. He had a dark smoke tint , not quite limo black but dark enough to keep out prying eyes. All windows except front doors cost £200 and took about 2-3 hours. Looks factory fitted.  HTH

Steve.
busaboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent had the cruiser much in Hamble, you might have seen my work pick up though, black Navara with huge orange stripes down the sides, it does stand out a bit Smile
Do you happen to know the name of the tinting company?
RGM-Master
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a look on line and found these people http://www.sctints.co.uk/ tried an quote for mine and come out just under £190 not to bad.
joinerman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word of warning, when i got my 80 import it had tinted wndows, one night i pulled up at a junction on an angle to the adjacent road which meant to turn right i had to sort of look behind the passenger seat & look through the rear passenger window, i pulled out & nearly killed a cyclist because i simply couldn't see him through the tint in the dark, didn't hit him but was mighty close, tints were off next day.
PtP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/newsandevents/pressreleases/2004pressreleases/21-09-04vosanowhavethepowertostopmotorists.htm

Quote:
Tinted Windows
Excessively tinted windows restrict the driver’s vision, especially in dark conditions and may prevent drivers from seeing other road users and pedestrians.

For motor vehicles first registered before 1 April 1985 the windscreen and front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.

For motor vehicles first registered on or after 1 April 1985 the light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75% while the side windows must transmit at least 70%.

Wildmutt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Seen the Navara flying around. The name of the firm is Johnson Window tints. I believe they are in the industrial estate behind the newly built houses , down by the contact lens factory. I'll try and get their number for you.

Steve

Keeping everyone happy is impossible. Pissing them off is a piece of cake......I like cake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: