Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Decoding Landcruiser Aluminium info Plate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonT2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 22:53    Post subject: Decoding Landcruiser Aluminium info Plate Reply with quote

My first post on this site so please bear with me.

2 weeks ago got 2003 Land Cruiser - petrol - 4 litre - auto and am very pleased with it.

Engine Plate says Model GRJ120R-GKPEKW            - what does this decode to?? and how old is this model of engine before 2003 when I know they changed the body shape. Auto I think is 4 speed - I figured out 5 speed didn't come out until 2004

Other info: C/TR/A/TM 202 LB10 A02A A340F  F ??????????????????

As says: e6 * 200T / 116 * 0089          ????????????????????

As matter of interest cannot afford its thirst so am converting to PRINS lpg in coming week - any view by anyone had to the same done??  Thought it was a good idea of someones to get all the fluids changed - will do this (when I can afford it!!)

Found the site very interesting - lots of good info

Regards SimonT2
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 22:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon
Can't help with a lot of that coded stuff, in fact much of it is probably of no use at all to you or any other owner.
The 120 however, referes to the model of Toyota you have.  Your Landcruiser is known as a '120 series'.
Some of the rest of it will refer to the paint colour code, the fact that it is petrol and automatic, the model spec (is it LC3, LC4 or LC5?), and possibly any factory fited options etc.
Hope that helps a little bit - probably not Rolling Eyes
Anyway, enjoy it and welcome!
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your model code is expalined if you join up at www.toyodiy.com (free - and a great resource).

E.g. KDJ120R-GKAEYW = VX EUR RHD 1KDFTV ATM 5FC 5D

i.e. VX Grade, Euro market, RHD, 1KDFTV (engine) Auto, 5 spd floor shift, 5 door

Also, the rest of the VIN was explained at http://www.toyota.com/html/5/vin_decoder.asp - seems to be defunct now.

Anyhoo:

XXXAA99XXAX999999

is as follows:

World Manufacturer Identity:
1. Country of origin
2. Manufacturer
3. Vehicle Type

Vehicle Description Section
4. Body Type / Drive Type
5. Engine Type
6. Series
7. Restraint System / Grade
8. Model Line
9. Check Digit

Vehicle Indicator Section
10. Model Year
11. Plant of Manufacture
12. Plant Productin Sequence

No - mine doesn't fit either  Laughing

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: