Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Underbody protection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightStalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 20:33    Post subject: Underbody protection Reply with quote

Hy all...

has anyone here had their LC's waxoiled?

I'm looking at getting this done but have'nt found a workshop around Reading who would do it. I cant do it my self as I do not have the space to do it - nor the know how.
Whats the dammage to the pocket to get this done and how long does it last?

Regards
Rob
Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 20:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

davey b
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 21:34    Post subject: waxoyl and other products Reply with quote

There was a place near Newbury called Before and After (I can't give links yet but they're on before-n-after.co.uk and 01788 832 255) but he has moved Rugby - is that too far?  

Maybe worth a look....
wooly0000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 16:45    Post subject: wax oil Reply with quote

Hi just a bit of advice to anyone who is wax oiling for the first time,

1 -dont spend £16 on the applicator it doesnt work and clogs constantly, and the probes a waste of time also
2 - buy a small cheap spray bottle (finger pump style) or one you have finnished with.
why - when you have mix the wax oil and heated it, fill a bucket with hot water, place wax oil can in it, decant into spray bottle, thus when the wax hardens in the bottle you can re heat it quickly in your bucket of hot water and hey presto your of again!!! simple and it works unlike the screw on £16 applicator that clogged after a minute or so and as hard as i tryed i could get it to work properly.

you have to keep the waxoil hot all the time your spraying, once applied it will provide at least 6 months decent protection depending on your milage
Bat21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spray 2 cans of this on the bottom of my truck just before winter.. it really is the dogs danglies and if it is good enough for aircraft then it is good enough for my LC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: