4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rate Direct Line Insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate Direct Line Insurance
Excellent service and value!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Very good
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Average
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Below par
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 0:05    Post subject: Rate Direct Line Insurance Reply with quote

Please rate Direct Line based on your overall experience. Consider the customer service, price, product contents and quality and aftercare, (claims etc).

Last edited by tlocuk on Thu Jul 08, 2010 22:27; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 0:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

simonjz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aksed Direct Line for a Green Card to travel to France as I was moving over for 6 months to work. The said they could only offer a 3 month green card (for 88 quid), and after that I would only be covered 3rd party only! Then they contacted me asking for proof that the LC had a Thatcham approved alarm and immobiliser, howvere I had no such certificate. They told me not to worry, and that they could get the car surveyed and a new certificate issued, however this would have been a problem as I was in France!!! They then said they would get back to me after they had investigated what to do next. They then took an extra £454,32 out of my bank stating it was for the excess as the car did not have a Thatcham approved alarm!! I have only just recovered the money and have made enough noise that they give me full cover without a certificate.

Cant say I am happy, but then again, they would not be insurance companies if they did not rip you off,
Simon
The Proff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I going daft here? Can't work out how to add my vote - average!

First year was OK, reasonable quote. No courtesy car included, as I found out when somebody reversed into my LC Amazon when it was parked (they didn't see it!! I know it was dark, but ....)

Renewal quote was poor, now insured with esure.
DaveB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been with them for 9 years with both mine and the Wifes car, nice of them to point out that I am a valued customer when they stuffed me for my NCB for one minor accident in my Prado, (I reversed into someone) doh!

Then they give me some *beep* about Thatcham approved alarms and tell me that my Prado is not covered for theft until I provide written evidence that the alarm I tell them I have fitted is actually fitted!!!

So being a tad busy its took me a month or two to sort this out, guess what, even though I'm not covered for theft they still take out the full premium from my bank.

And whats all this about a Green Card for 88 quid?? tell em to shove it, as far as I am aware since joing the EU your insurance is covered in all EU countrys, green cards were pre EU for UK drivers. I believe the only requirment is to let them know you are travelling abroad.

Dave
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE QUOTES I HAVE HAD ARE APPALLING  £446.25 ...55YRS AGE 9 YRS PROTECTED NCB  NO CLAIMS/OFFENSES  E SURE WERE THE SAME

CHEEKY ROBBERS  

SAGA IS A VERY GOOD QUOTE AS IS BUDGET
I AM WITH MORETHAN .. THEY ARE GOOD TOO
YOU HAVE TO SHOP AROUND FOR VALUE
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will not insure mine due to the fact it is not standard.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
ignat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a quote from Direct Line.  DOUBLE what I currently pay. And double the cheapest quote I've received so far (from The Green Insurance Company)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: