4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Laptop sat nav memory map

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, with built in BT the GPS doesn't need to be connected so you might get away with just a power cable

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 18:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep thats what I have on mine, just the power cable and Mr T was kind enough to put a socket in the back just in case I wanted it. Very Happy
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crispin wrote:
Are the toughbooks not a huge slouch though? I know you cannot really fault them on ruggedness but heard lots of moans about being really slow.

Guess if all you doing is maps etc, it is ok.

Depends on the Spec. I use mine for everyday use, it's a 1GHZ processor MK3 model with 768mb memory (the maximum). It runs fine on Windows XP SP3 and even Office 2007 is not too bad. If only you could get a decent mapping program for Linux though (and also be able to run the wireless screen - unfortunately it uses a Panasonic proprietory app that isn't available for Linux) it would really fly. I have even run it with Windows 7 Beta and it was maybe just a tad faster than XP.

If you can get a CF-29 then you can get more speed out of it - more memory and faster processor.

I also have a CF-51 semi rugged that i am trying to get going - seems the 5V supply for the screen backlight has gone faulty - trying to get a new MoBo for it. That has a 1.9ghz Core 2 Duo and will take up to 4GB ram so should really fly and would also drive the wireless screen. Only problem is there is no availablilty of a specific vehicle mount however you could make one out of the standard docking station and a bit of metal plate to mount it on - would then be able to fix it to a RAM Mount or one of the other vehicle mount systems. The CF-51 doesn't have the touch screen that my CF-28 has but then that wouldn't be used while in the back of the vehicle, you would be using the wireless touchscreen up front.

I certainly could never fault the reliability of the Toughbook series. They seem to go on forever and are properly built - you don't get any of the problem restarts and freezes due to dirty contacts etc that you get on some other machines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: