Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Gepetto Auto - cheap snorkels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 19:12    Post subject: Gepetto Auto - cheap snorkels Reply with quote

Found this guy through his e bay shop http://stores.shop.e bay.co.uk/gepetto-automobile__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Seems very cheap, I have just ordered one for my 70 so we shall see what the product is like. Should be with me by the end of next week, I'll report back on fit and quality etc

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 19:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6751
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man.

Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then, snorkel just arrived Very Happy offered it up and looks like a good fit, although I'm gonna have to take the outer wing off to fit it. Plastic certainly seems good enough quality, quite tough. The seller hasn't included the destructions for fitting it Rolling Eyes but I found them on the web anyway.

The seller was daft enough to leave the delivery sticker including the name and address of his supplier on the box "san xing express company limited" of China who I tracked down on the web to be trading as "Rahoo 4x4 Accessories" rahoo4x4.com. Also there's another web address on the side of the snorkel top www.rv4x4.net and they stock the same kit. So if anyone wants to try cutting out the middle man and see if it's any cheaper then there's some places to look Wink

Hopefully I can muster up the strength to fit it this week (down with a bug at the mo) and I'll get some pics and opinions up

Ciao

Last edited by Jimbo4x4 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 18:16; edited 1 time in total
andy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last link was wrong.  http://www.rv4x4.net/cn/
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
RGM-Master
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rv4x4.net/en/ try this for english version
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo4x4 wrote:
Right then, snorkel just arrived Very Happy offered it up and looks like a good fit, although I'm gonna have to take the outer wing off to fit it. Plastic certainly seems good enough quality, quite tough. The seller hasn't included the destructions for fitting it Rolling Eyes but I found them on the web anyway.

The seller was daft enough to leave the delivery sticker including the name and address of his supplier on the box "san xing express company limited" of China who I tracked down on the web to be trading as "Rahoo 4x4 Accessories" rahoo4x4.com. Also there's another web address on the side of the snorkel top www.rv4x4.net and they stock the same kit. So if anyone wants to try cutting out the middle man and see if it's any cheaper then there's some places to look Wink

Hopefully I can muster up the strength to fit it this week (down with a bug at the mo) and I'll get some pics and opinions up

Ciao

Why have you got to take the wing off to fit it?

Roger
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo4x4 wrote:

Ciao

Nice detective work.

I am in China and Korea all the time.

I might ask one of my friends to order one for me and I give them the cash.

'vette
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price of the snorkels is around 30.00 pounds
They are a safari replica. Reverse engineered.
Might even have Safari on the side, as they just copy the whole thing in a mould.
The petrol V6 4.0l is in stock  HF 186
For the D4-d we need the HF181
Not in stock yet, but soon, he will let me know.

'vette
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Fairclough wrote:

Why have you got to take the wing off to fit it?

Roger

Seems I might not have to, there's some extra space to work from under the bonnet if I take the washer bottle out although I'll still have to be a contortionist to do it! I may cut away some of the inner wing but if that doesn't look like it'll help enough then I will have to remove the outer wing as the snorkel bolts to it in several places. Hopefully I can finally get it fitted this weekend, although my brakes take precedence as the pads are nearly completely worn on 3 corners!

Nice follow up there 'vette, £30?! I've been had! Razz at least someone else might be able to benefit from my expense... and I still got a "safari" snorkel for practically half price Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: