2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front Brake Calipers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 21:54    Post subject: Front Brake Calipers Reply with quote

My LC after it's engine failure seems to be following the usual pattern, this week noticed N/S wheel had a bit more brake dust than the O/S one. Bit of heat felt on the wheel so after reading others post just deicded best to change as they're likely siezed pistons. No doubt could have removed, stripped fixed etc, but really looking to take these known issues out of the equation.

Anycase, see link attached, order recieved and straight swap no problems, with £30 each exchange and postage FOC thought £320 for 2 calipers pretty decent deal against Toyota price.

If anyone else thinking here's the linkLandcruiser Front Brake Caliper 03- KDJ120 & GRJ120
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 21:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

4runner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

after spending 2 days, all weekend,  reconditioning all 4 brake calipers on my lc90, i.e. seals, cleaning pistons, for £70
i kind of wish i had stumped up the £320 to get exchange reconditioned units from brakepartsinternational
as its been hard work!!!
got them fitted back on but need to make up new brake pipes at the front, ordered flaring kit and parts as have always wanted this kit

think next time i will pay the money rather than redo brakes myself

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
k1elliott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put up a writeup on ih8mud for overhauling the calipers on my 100 series. Much the same for th 120 I reckon. I can do all 4 corners in about 2 hours. Did same on my 90 a few years back.
Desperatezulu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no post here or even a link  Rolling Eyes  I guess we are not worthy  Mr. Green
We'll have to go and search on MUD then...

Cheers,

'98 LC80 4.2TD VX 24v
k1elliott

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww, sorry. I thought there was a fair amount of incest between the sites. Should have posted a linky though. Very Sorry. Stand by.
k1elliott

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go. No pics, sorry. Was written up as an afterthought.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/55535-brake-pedal-sticking.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: