All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Winch bumper project

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KZJ90

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris

Very good looking bumper there! I like the design, did you copied it from somewhere or is this only your imagination?

And why you people there drink tea all the time, why not coffee (like us)?  Wink
*water-intercooler + chip
*3" down pipe + exhaust
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 20:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Graham Stirling

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks the dogs. Mind if i pinch the design?
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you know that it was tea in that mug is a mystery to me. Actually I do drink coffee but only good ground coffee and not that filthy dried camel doo doo. Making fresh coffee is not quite so easy in the garage. So it tends to be tea .. Hang on what the heck are we talking about tea for???? Come on KZJ you still haven't got yourself a winch yet.

Graham, pinch all you like. It can only be improved upon. I really wanted something slightly different to this and started out with a design in mind, but sort of couldn't quite steer towards it due to the restrictions on angles and dimensions etc. It could have been more shallow if I had just had a postbox for the winch cable under the bumper instead of in the bumper.

To make it shallower, the winch could have been raised on a box - but I have it flat on top of the ends of the chassis for strength and ease of design.

I still think that there is the possibility of making a flat tray and putting the winch cable out through a standard plastic bumper.
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, looks very good LC. It's probably not a big deal but won't Mr MOT tester be unhappy with the 'sharp' edge those lights are mounted on? What you need is a mini stinger to put them on  Laughing

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Jon, what's a 'mini stinger'

Not a stuck record at all. I always aim to be law abiding and hadn't thought about that being a contravention really. I don't think that my MOT man will bat an eyelid. He is very thorough at MOTs but a pretty pragmatic chap.

That being said, I don't want Mr Plod getting shirty with me. not sure what I can do about it now. Maybe weld a strip across the front or mount the number plate there. I was going to have that as a sticker on the bonnet.
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landcrusher wrote:
Sorry Jon, what's a 'mini stinger'

A light bar  Laughing  stinger seems to be the name for those bumper tubes that point forwards and are designed to stop stray animals going through your screen when you hit them or really big ones to stop you falling down a cravass.

Bit of thin (1"?) tube the same profile as what you have there just to round the edge off was all that came to mind. The current edge might be seen as a bit of a cheese slicer if someone hits it i.e. not just a blunt trauma. Not saying it IS a problem, just wondered about it that's all.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Jon. Noted. Will have a look. Not a big solution. It could be profiled around the lights easily.

C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: