NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

120 series Lift Kit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have Photoshopped out the grey in my beard you b@rst@rd! I look like an old gorilla.

C
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 15:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better change your nick-name then - Silver Back  Twisted Evil  Laughing  Laughing
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a bit outstanding on the body lift front - because the body went up and the engine stayed where it was, the rubber shroud thing attached to the underside of the bonnet that seals against the intercooler now flaps in the breeze.  I haven't noticed any difference, to be honest, but have decided to sort it out anyway.  I tried to get some info from Arctic Trucks on how they do their mod, but no joy - e-mails go ignored.  so they won't be seeing any of my cash any time soon  Twisted Evil

I've decided to get a strip of this aluminium channel:

at the princely sum of £6.62 for 2.5 metres!

in size: 38.1 mm x 25.4 mm x 3.18 mm x 3.18 mm

and put a layer of heat-resistant silicone sponge underneath (25mm wide by 3mm thick, heat resistant to 350 degrees C and flame retardant, just in case  Wink ) to stop any vibration.

I'll paint the ally black with some nice Hammerite I'm now having to buy in bulk  Laughing  for the chassis and sliders, and use the existing mounts on top of the intercooler to bolt it on.  The current rubber skirt thing should now fit on top of this frame quite snugly - probably better than the original seal, I hope Wink

Will report back in due course ....

Another issue spotted by Jon when he was doing the sliders is that the centre and rear lift inserts are too narrow, and don't conform to the shape of the rubber mounts properly, which could be  a risk factor.  So he's going to cut some new round bar to the right diameter for me, and I'll replace those and the too-short bolts all at the same time.  Keep me busy and away from the turkey for a bit, I hope  Rolling Eyes
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - had a break in the weather, and SWMBO is not at home, so I managed to finish off the lift kit.  Essentially, 6 of the spacers were the wrong size, so the good Doctor cut me some bigger ones when he was doing his.

I needed 6 new spacers, and they came with new longer HT bolts:

So out with the trollwy jack, undo the old nuts, whip out the bolts, lift the cruiser, slip in the new spacers and bolt up firmly after lowering the body back on to the chassis.  Hardest par was bolting it all up - not easy on your own  Laughing  No-one around to stop the bolt spinning ...

So that's that now completed ...
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd spotted a bigger spacer in the slider pics. That's another job out of the way then Smile

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: