Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How to import a LC into the UK?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where do you source a 78 like that?  Can't seem to find anything on the web?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 20:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

24Seven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think http://www.footloose4x4.com/ import them.
jojo1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 20:55    Post subject: 78 series Troopie Reply with quote

Yup,

Got mine through Paul at Fooloose. He's in South Africa at the moment but back on the 25th.

The Troopie's great, been to Morocco and Tunisia twice and off to the Arctic Circle next year. 25,000 miles so far and never missed a beat!

OME suspension, TJM winch bumper and 12000lb winch, BFG A/T's on genuine Toyota rims, 2/3 length drawer unit in the back, Engel fridge, Fiamma awning and custom made Aussie type swag bag to sleep in the back or under the stars.

Pulls like a train!

Jojo
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to catch up with this thread again.

I'm considering importing a HJZ75 to Denmark where I live. However it might be much easier for me to do it via UK which does a lot in terms of grey imports from various countries. Once a vehicle has a European V5, it is a breeze to get it to Denmark.

So here it goes:

2 weeks ago I met a guy in Africa who has the possibility to buy Toyotas from Toyota Gibraltar. He has bought a HJZ75 himself and the price is so amazingly low it would be a crime to mention it here. He told me the following: Like already posted they only want to sell to large organizations but he has somehow passed that test, don't ask me how. Then, when he got the car, it is supplied with some sort of export V5 which states that the car needs to be exported out of Europe within 1 month to another continent such as Africa. Now he has paid the taxes in his African country and the HJZ75 is still horrendously cheap.

So, at the moment I'm able to get my hands on a brand new HJZ75 from Gibraltar and I just need to get it into EU legally. So the task has to be considered as follows: I have one new HJZ75, no MOT and no V5 at all....nothing at all. How do I get it into UK, obtain a MOT and get a V5? Do I have to pay taxes, VAT etc etc? (because I have no idea how this is done in Denmark).

Regards, Lucas
luckysod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imported my '93 HDJ80 into the UK last summer so I know some of what you are after...

Once you have managed to ship the vehicle back to the UK you will need to get a uk MOT (I believe that if the vehicle is pre-registered and you are insured you can legally drive it to a pre-booked MOT). As the vehicle will not have a UK plate the MOT will need to be completed against the chassis number.

The vehicle can then be registered through the DVLA (to obtain a V5) under a V55/4 form (NEW) V55/5 (USED):
This will need to be supported by a whole host of paperwork from the manufacturer (I got around most of this as mine is over 10 years old), Payment of Import Tax etc...

Check out: DVLA Registering an Imported Vehicle

Note: Evidence of type approval will mean that your vehicle must comply agains the UK vehicle requirements - i.e. Speedo in MPH etc... (waived for +10 old vehicles...)

Forms and instructions are available from the DVLA's website or your local DVLA office. I found their helpline much more useful than their forms...

Also I believe you will need a UK address in order to register this way....

Hope this helps...
jojo1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 22:54    Post subject: HZJ 78 Reply with quote

I'd still recommend Footloose 4x4.

Brand new 78 series troopie £22000 + VAT on the road, fully taxed, Euro 4 emissions compliant. 2 x 90lt fuel tanks, snorkel, altitude compensator, front & rear difflocks (£1000 extra) all factory fitted.

Absolutely no hassle.

Jojo
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 18:26    Post subject: Re: HZJ 78 Reply with quote

jojo1 wrote:
I'd still recommend Footloose 4x4.
Brand new 78 series troopie £22000 + VAT on the road, fully taxed, Euro 4 emissions compliant. 2 x 90lt fuel tanks, snorkel, altitude compensator, front & rear difflocks (£1000 extra) all factory fitted.

That sounds very tempting. Do you know if it is possible to order a LHD (left hand drive) model?

When checking out the footloose webpage it doesn't look like they offer any new vehicles. Is it because you need to ask for it personally by email?

Lucas
blobrob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to speak to Paul Marsh, i don't know why they dont publicise that they do aus imports...

97 HDJ80 Manual, Safari snorkel, 33" BFG AT, Wildsmith sliders, lift coming soon... to find out if I got that lift or made it Mongolia use a search engine Wink
jojo1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 22:37    Post subject: New 78 series Reply with quote

Hi Lucas,

No problem. My 78 series is LHD.

Jojo
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 20:29    Post subject: Re: New 78 series Reply with quote

jojo1 wrote:
Hi Lucas,

Jojo

I have written Paul an email (yesterday) but with no answer so far. I now know for sure, that if a car has V5 from an European country, Denmark will accept it no matter what, even if it doesn't show any regulations on emissions (Euro1,2,3,4,5 etc).

Can somebody explain what taxes Paul has to add before it can roll the streets. Maybe there is a webpage explaining grey imports in detail?

Lucas
kamil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have one as well. I am from Czech republic , so maybe we can have discount when we buy a lot Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 22:52    Post subject: Re: New 78 series Reply with quote

jojo1 wrote:
Hi Lucas,

Jojo

Hi jojo,

I got an answer from Paul today. He CAN order a LHD Smile. Do you have some pictures of the 1HZ engine from your 78 model and maybe also some underneath pictures to see the suspension and chassis? I'm really curious. It would be lovely if you could post them or send them to me: lucasjensen at gmail dot com

Lucas
kamil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 22:17    Post subject: Re: New 78 series Reply with quote

bikemaniac wrote:
jojo1 wrote:
Hi Lucas,

Jojo

Hi jojo,

I got an answer from Paul today. He CAN order a LHD Smile. Do you have some pictures of the 1HZ engine from your 78 model and maybe also some underneath pictures to see the suspension and chassis? I'm really curious. It would be lovely if you could post them or send them to me: lucasjensen at gmail dot com

Lucas

and to me please as well kamilrezac@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks
PtP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what VED is payable on a new imported car? I seem to recall reading one one of the Jeep forums that if it comes from outside the EU, then once its had its SVA test it does not come with an emission requirement and thus it has cheap VED.

Does anyone know?
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that the HZJs are fitted with a weak R151 gear box instead of the more heavy duty H151 gear box. Is that true and does it still apply for brand new 2009/2010 models?

Lucas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: