Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

sarn helen route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
landtoy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 18:06    Post subject: sarn helen route Reply with quote

Does anyone have any information about the parts of Sarn Helen that we can legally drive?

rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 18:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only part I know of that isn't constantly under fire from all sides in the fight to stay open is the section North of Dolgellau that runs through Coed y Brenin. It's 100% tame with the biggest challenge being a set of deep ruts which can be straddled if necesary, but is a nice run through the countryside.

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
landtoy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:45    Post subject: sarn helen route Reply with quote

Thanks jimbo do you have the grids for those parts, as I have routes plotted on memory map then I can see about planning the next trip.

Cheers rob
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, the lower part has just had a TRO put on it, the north and north-mid section are ok. Mid section is a bit of a long story right now, but I would still use it Wink that is not to say it is ok to use as Powys CC will say it is not ok to use.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
landtoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:26    Post subject: sarn helen Reply with quote

Thanks Jim I did not realize that
Sarn Helen runs the complete length of Wales, I seem to be missing the
S H part on memory map now so I will try to sort that one out.
Paul if you have time can you send pm me the grids for the bits that are ok to drive.
Thank rob
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are you planning to go Rob? I should have time over the weekend, but not before.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
landtoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 19:49    Post subject: sarn helen Reply with quote

Paul no problem we are looking at the sixth march taking in the gap road all being well.
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: