Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

'97 LC Alarm TVSS 3B- non responding fobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:41    Post subject: '97 LC Alarm TVSS 3B- non responding fobs Reply with quote

After replacing fob battery it stopped responding. I've read many posts on here about this, and tried resetting the ECU (under the arm rest). Got the status light to illuminate, then held in the arm button on the fob - but now the status light is permanently flashing (very fast) when the ignition is turned off, and none of the remotes are responding. I have currently disconnected the main harness connector from the ECU to prevent the status light from flashing, and the engine and central locking operate ok with the key. I have also tried resetting the fobs by holding down both buttons simultaneously - no luck.

Have I done something wrong, or is there a way of totally resetting the ECU (has it reached its memory capacity ?) or am I forced to buy the new ECU + fob kit from the main dealer.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Jon
PS I have had a number of vehicle battery isolations in the past without it (apparently) affecting the alarm, and I have disconnected the alarm sounder.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Towpack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem just before Christmas. I have the same alarm as you. Provided you haven't messed something up by fiddling with the ECU the procedure to re-activate an existing fob is:

Standing close to the vehicle press both buttons together then press the unlock button once. This worked for me.

To add a new one:

1998 HDJ80 Amazon VX 4.2TD
2004 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Ducati 1198SP (Sold)
2012 kawasaki ZZr1400
2002 Honda XR650R (BRP)- STOLEN GRRRRR!!!
2010 Husaberg FE570....YIPPEEEEE!!!!
2003 GT XCR3000
1995 Border Collie-Passed away 23-5-2011
jonand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Phil. Thats basically the procedure that I followed. I also cleared the fobs by pressing the re-set button twice in the hope that I could start again - still no luck. Think there may be a fault in the ECU.

Jon
jonand

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 18:28    Post subject: Now working - quick update Reply with quote

Now working.

Further investigation suggested that after you have got the 5 second continuous status light, you need to press BOTH buttons on the fob simulteneously. Did that and hey presto - works. Repeated procedure for all 3 of my fobs and all work fine.

Regards
Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: