4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Has anyone had any dealings with Chequered flag Car Sales?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:20    Post subject: Has anyone had any dealings with Chequered flag Car Sales? Reply with quote

I am wanting to buy an LC80 and it looks as though Chequered flag has some nice LC80’s within my budget.
Just wondered if anyone has dealt with them and what sort of reputation they have, be it good, bad or indifferent?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Desperatezulu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

No dealings with them at all but have a look at this thread....

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4649&start=0&sid=602b462777edbdbc8e1a7433ec58f0aa

Cheers,

'98 LC80 4.2TD VX 24v
Big-Andy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my 1995 80 series landcruiser from Chequered Flag last November - still going strong - didnt need to try their warranty...As with all cars there's good and bad...Just make sure you get it well checked prior to parting with cash..
Big-Andy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my 1995 80 series landcruiser from Chequered Flag last November - still going strong - didnt need to try their warranty...As with all cars there's good and bad...Just make sure you get it well checked prior to parting with cash..
djhep

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was prepared to buy unseen, what looked like a really nice series 80 recently.
When i asked for more info, and some proof of FSH and mileage, they seemed to
lose interest very quickly, and i never heard back from them.

This is not to say they had something to hide, or vehicles weren't genuine, but it
made me nervous, and i bought elsewhere.

Dave
tmw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 16:31    Post subject: Dealings with Chequered Flag car sales, Hipperholme? Reply with quote

Has anyone experience of making a warranty claim to support a car from chequred flag car sales or had a warranty that supported claims well Question
jjflash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:45    Post subject: Dealings with Chequered flag car sales, Hipperholme? Reply with quote

Just bought a LR 110 from Chequered flag car sales in Hipperholme, near Halifax, Yorkshire and have found major issues with the car; It came with a new MOT and has faults that would fail an MOT. The garage don't want to know, have told me where to go over the phone. So I'm going to the see a solicitor on Monday, just wondering if anyone else out there has had problems with this same garage as they sell lots of Toyotas as well, hence posting on this forum.
x_shaun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your not happy with the mot first thing i would do is contact vosa aswell as a soliciter
davey b
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from their entire stock being overpriced by a large margin I'd be interested in any other experiences as well.  

In my recent search for a LC80 I had some brief conversations with them and initially found them to be very helpful (after a sale, obviously).  When chasing details and specific information with the intention of viewing they became less helpful and when I explained i was only doing homework concerned about wasting a 200 mile train trip to see something about which I knew little they became quite abrupt (by which I don't mean typical Yorkshire direct, I mean rude - including insults).  Needless to say, there was no trip and no sale.

I'm not trying to start any war against this dealer, just hear other peoples' experiences like JJFlash, the OP, and would be pleased to hear of happy customers too.  

Chequered Flag have approx 8 LC 80 series on their stock listing and other models as well so this thread may become very useful to prospective buyers
kevd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt it the same bunch that were at Todmorden that made the tv news some years ago i think they were caravan traverling types
joinerman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikies is the word you were struggling for
kevd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep there the ones .Dont deal with them
sandcrusier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear your story jj,i went to view his cars found him rude so walked away,and i am a direct yorkshireman!!!!  
CHEQUERED FLAG........   CHEQUERED HISTORY!!!!!!!!    Stay away everybody..........
HJ80, OME's, ongoing project

sandcrusier
DaveN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website says they can source anything you want, if they don't have it - yeah, like generators, trailers, chop saws, ATV's, horses, lurchers Lol.
wooly0000

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rang them and arranged to view a hilux when we drove over and then car was gone and no one new anything about it (if they actualy ever had the car) it all got a bit angry and heated, so we went, anyway on the way back to Wigan bought the LC so it turned out well in the end!!! but at the time i was really suspicuos of them especialy how quickly it all got tasty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: