4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bio-diesel or WVO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:15    Post subject: Bio-diesel or WVO? Reply with quote

Any one got any expierence on using bio-diesel or WVO in their 4x4.
I'v been doing service work in a local hotel and they pay a company to take away around 200L of the stuff each month. I,ve heard of people cleaning the waste oil and running diesel engines on it but I dont know how the Toyota engine would like it, any thoughts. 200L would save a few £ on the monthly fuel bill.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Red

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of this myself (WVO), and was hoping someone else had already done the brave bit of actually sticking it in the engine. It is suprisingly very easy to modify the oil into a usable substance. All you need is a slightly modified hot water heater tank, some space, and a couple of months to let the animal fats to seperate out. I am reluctant to put some in the engine of my HJ60 until I have cheaply sourced the necessary replacement parts should it all go wrong - though if anyone knows of any suitable carcasses that I might scavenge from in the area please let me know
Dave H

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 21:57    Post subject: bio fuel Reply with quote

Just bought a L/C Colorado 3.0td '99( I am a fully converted L/R owner!!) that has just spent 2 years and 19000 miles on bio fuel there is no problem with the engine at all. It was serviced by a haulage company boss who runs 10 wagons on the stuff.
General comments are, oil stays cleaner, pulls better uphills less maintainence costs to fuel pumps as the fuel contains "lubricity" as a natural part of the oil, slightly more mpg and reduced emmissions. The new MOT I have shows emmissions at 0.18 yes 0.18 I have it now on std diesel and maybe the engine is slightly noisier.I have located a fuel supplier locally and I will try their bio after another couple of tank fulls of the normal diesel to compare results. Before I bought the L/C I looked at the following sites
www.veggiepower.org.uk/page208a.htm
www.biodiesel.co.uk
www.biofuelsystems.com
www.stewardwood.org/resources/DIYbiodiesel.htm
www.biocogreenstar.co.uk/
www.ebony-solutions.co.uk--This company supplied the fuel for the L/C and also supply manchester airport fuel for it's wagons
www.northwales.org.uk/bio-power/
www.rixbiodiesel.co.uk also gives station locations
www.envirodiesel.co.uk/
www.biodieselfillingstations.co.uk/index.htm
www.veggies.org.uk/biodies.htm-- good site info on making fuel

Hope this is of use Dave H Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: