Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Yet another tyres size question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tractorboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:01    Post subject: Yet another tyres size question Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I am another Land Rover convert!! I have been following your forum for a number of months now and on the basis of your comments I recently bought a 97 5dr Colorado manual diesel. It does beg the question; why have I spent the last twenty years messing around with Land Rovers,,,,

I have read through previous topics regarding tyre size (a minefield I know) but I wondered if you could clarify my question. The vehicle is currentley running on standard 265/70/16s which need to be replaced soon. I have a set of 235/85/16 B F Goodrich trac Edge in the shed from Land Rover days, will these fit or might I have problems with clearance? I would like to use the Trac Edge as a stopgap as a) I have them and b) they were always my tyre of choice until they decided to stop making them.

Ultimatley I would like to put standard B F G A/Ts on the Colorado. What is the thinking on the best tyre supplier at present?

Thanks guys, and thanks again for all your advice in the past.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

100rob
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I would recommend www.camskill.co.uk for cheap tyre prices.  I don't think there should be a problem fitting the old BFs, they are slightly taller in diameter altering the gearing a bit (speedo under reading slightly), the handling could be interesting though!!!   Hope this helps a little. Smile

Rob.
tractorboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment Rob,

I don't really like the look of the Trac Edge to be honest, I just like the idea of using what I've got. I think I would be better off selling them and putting the cash towards a set of A/Ts.

I still can't get over how the LC drives compaired to any LR I have ever owned!!
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use the same user name on the LR forums?

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
tractorboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

No I don't actually, just very applicable given my location and profession! Not a very original id but I didn't think there would be another one on the site as you can't really describe LCs tractors can you!

Rgds
Andy C
AJS4X4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Those Trac Edge must be a thousand years old, have not been available for many years, if you do use them have a good look at the sidewalls for cracking etc.

Never fitted 235/85x16 on one of yours but have fitted 265/75x16, these fit quite snugly, don't forget both General and BFG make an AT in 265/70x16, that way you would only need four.

Andy.
tractorboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having driven the vehicle for a while now I can appreciate that fitting the old Trac Edge is definatley not the way I want to go.

I can see that BFG A/T is the best way to go, but what would be implications of 265/70/16 (standard) compared with 265/75/16 ?

Rgds
Andy C
AJS4X4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

We fit many Landcruisers with the 265/75x16 size, more choice of tyres.

Andy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: