4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Cobra alarm, chirping??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olazz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 22:03    Post subject: Cobra alarm, chirping?? Reply with quote

I have a cobra alarm/immobilizer 7928 with  7777 remote key amd a 2 button fob.

I cannot get ot to chirp when arming or disarming.

I know this is s long shot, but does anyone have any advice. I called cobra and they would not give me any information on the phone, said I would have to take it to a local dealer!

help please

Read my travel Blog:
WWW.derfstravels.com
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 22:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Olazz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 13:46    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Finally got a answer from Cobra.  The alarm is designed NOT to chirp when arming/disarming... some utter rubbish about EU health and safety noise Boll**Ks !!

Read my travel Blog:
WWW.derfstravels.com
Crispin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup - EU says the alarm is now allowed to make a noise other than when, well, it's meant too. Maybe they will change that?  Shocked

I am sure you could get it to make a noise, it's just disabled for the UK market. My wife's Alpha makes a chirp when arming / disarming. No everyone obeys it. Rebellion?
Ronanjordan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to fit cobra alarms for a bit and have the same alarm in my VW. I am away at sea at the moment but i have instruction books at home, I will check if you can get the chirp on, AFAIK the old ones did make 2 tiny beeps and 2 flash of indicators, however I could be wrong I have fitted other alarm types too.

I am here for 2 weeks so bear with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: