4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Tow Bar and Electrics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Tow Bar and Electrics. Reply with quote

Hi,
Looking forward to my new 150 LC3 arriving this week and intend to put a towbar on it, have any of you done the same and have the towbar part numbers to hand please, I will most likely go for the dedicated wiring for the vehicle as well.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks,
Collan.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

marlot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Toyota towbar for the 120 was made by Brink, so likely the 150 one is too.

If you're having 7 pin electrics, the toyota kit is plug in.  If you want the grey caravan socket too you also need to run some cables from the front of the car.
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collan, definitely get the proper electrics kit for it. The other stuff is just junk. It's worth the few quid and the electrics are so complex it is very easy to knock them out of kilter. On a new car I would never consider doing anything else.

Lucky you to have the problem!
busby

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

collani got a new 150 and had the towbar fitted by the dealer i went for the non detachable type because off price,  A big mistake its like something off a 1960 Massey Ferguson they cut a large hunk out off the bumper then stuck a bit off plastic over the hole the jeep is peal white and the patch is pure white it looks so bad that i refused to pay for the towbar till they sort the mess out that was 6 months ago still not sorted and still have not  paid for the towbar and the first time i towed a trailer when I turned the lights on a humming noise comes from the box in the back lh side so my advice is don't let a dealer any were near it.  
but on a positive side the vehicle is amazing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: