Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wiring help - Speedo change on '84 FJ40 Oz import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytboy4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:59    Post subject: Wiring help - Speedo change on '84 FJ40 Oz import Reply with quote

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be much activity on here but I thought it might be worth a shot! Very quickly I have an '84 FJ40 imported from Oz. The PO brought it over and was in the process of modifying to register over here. The only thing it looks like he had left to do was the speedo change from kmh to one with mph and a new tacho. The clocks have got the documents saying what goes where but I don't have a detailed wiring diagram of the vehicle, in particular the cluster block.

Or, alternatively has anyone done something similar and can help or is there someone in the South Wales area who could help?

Unfortunately I am in work at the moment and away this weekend so can't post any pics or more info!

Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Sean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

gday ytboy4

youre right tis a bit sleepy on this forum.

I took my HJ75 over from Oz into the UK. being over 10years old all it needed was a standard MOT.
For the MOT only the dial display needs to be show MPH. The actually clockwork in behind the dial does not need to be altered.

I got a floppy plastic dial face out of a similar toyota with the same top speed and stuck it on. This dial showed MPH and KPH. luckily the floppy plastic can be cut with a pair of scissors and the screw holes matched my dash.

I forget what the top speed is on a 40series dashboard, but i would imagine it will be difficult to find a similar tojo dial in a scrap inthe UK. so you may have to get creative on the computer and make/laminate and stick on your own.

During the MOT they do take the mileage reading, i let them use the KM reading instead.
ytboy4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply,

That was going to be my last resort. The only problem is the PO was almost finished so I don't know if the old connector is still knocking about. I think I may have to search hard though as the summer is quickly going (soft top), I can always sort the other one during the winter.
Sean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should be a white/yellowy plastic connector at the end of the speedo cable plugs straight into back of the dash.
ytboy4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I think I know what I'm looking for but I don't think it is connected anymore.

By the way just saw your post on ih8mud so thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: