Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

CAR NOT STARTING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOCKIE

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09    Post subject: CAR NOT STARTING Reply with quote

hello all

i have a w reg colorada stolen recovered which i was asked to make keys to
made the key to code
made the chip from the blue immo box ( same as programming just done it from eeprom )
red light in dash clock key symbol goes out

red led in switch cover above heater stays  on alarm sounds indicators flash

engine does not turn over just clunk like starter jammed or not in park

i guess it just needs a remote coding in but want to be sure  because  have done these before and ther just started and alarm stopped with key in door  but not on this one

there is nothing wrong woith the key chip  its alarm related

can any one point to a post or tell me how to disable the alarm in order to start it  and if the alarm box is in centre cubby as couldnt see it behind glove box or in front of auto gear stick

thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's not the starter contact that need changing.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
LOCKIE

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

car was stolen recovered assumed  still working nothing to believe otherwise
so dont know about the click i get unless booster pack not enough to turn over  car but i doubt it as it would have turned over at least once

both batterys were totally flat could this have re-enabled the alarm or stop ecu booting correctly

any  one know  how to turn alarm off  ie remove all remotes and it shouldnt re activate  and then should start

ill try any procedure  just need to know where to look and  try

ta
Garfield

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I have been told about the TVSS system (by RRG Toyota).

1) The key / immobiliser is not a part of the TVSS but the TVSS does intercept the starter circuit.

2) If the original remote key fobs are all lost then the ECU for the alarm needs replacing - you can not code remotes as long as it is in an alarm state, you can not clear the alarm state without one of the remotes already in its memory (and the ECU is no longer available), you can not open the door using the key without triggering the alarm.

3) Try re-synchronising your remotes if you have them - plenty of info in other threads how to achieve this (press both buttons of the remote control simultaneously for two seconds).

If you haven't got the original remotes then removing the TVSS or getting a replacement secondhand ECU and key fobs for it is your ONLY option. Toyota will not tell a non Dealer or unrecognised independant how to remove the TVSS system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: