Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2nd problem - already!! (only 'two weeks old')

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 0:16    Post subject: 2nd problem - already!! (only 'two weeks old') Reply with quote

I know I'm getting no response from anyone (bar one) - and I expect this to continue - although a bit odd as the Landcruiser - according to the 'Telegraph' scores zero points on the 'status' factor ......... well below almost every other manufacturer.

Anyway - rain sensor is not working ......... driving along in lashing rain and cannot see a thing..... can sort it manually of course but thats not the point!!

Anyway - as I'm speaking to myself (although most of you will be grateful in time to come as you chop yours in and move on) ...... I shan't say any more as its clearly unwelcome!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 0:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero points on the status factor sums up one of Toyota's problems - the RR and Disco and even the compleatly pointless RR sport are all seen as premium brand status symbols due to Landrovers clever marketing and sponsorship of country type events , not to mention every footballer or their wife is often pictured driving RR's or RR sports , and most of the young mums round here seem to aspire to be a WAG even if that means having a fake tan the wrong side of orange  Laughing .
When was any footballer or holywood star or even one of the non starts like Jordan ever pictured driving a Landcuiser ? nearest Toyota have got is the lovely Miss Diaz driving a Prius .. hardly a status symbol .... the car not Cameron  Very Happy
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Nothing to do with being unwelcome. I think more likely no-one knows diddly about the 150. Simples.
dannyson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry - unwelcome - was a stupid word to use .... I suppose I'm so full and enthusiastic about the new car I couldn't understand why others weren't responding!!

I have seen a few about though now ... and of course this as more 'used' 150s become more available.  I certainly didn't want to take the first depreciation hit - and feel 'lucky' I suppose that one became available £9,000 under list price.  There is a price to pay for this of course - one doesn't know how well it was 'run in' and it has minor scratches (that show up big time to me being black) - that I would have have avoided as best as possible - for a time anyway - but they all end up with them in the end.

Also - dare I say  Embarassed  - what I felt when postings first came up about the new 150 - a little jealous - lucky b**ger  I thought, I wish I could change mine.  And then I spotted the beast on the forecourt - had only been there 12 hours........ or some such.......

Wife has come around and is now talking to me .... and she drove it today for the first time and said 'yeah, its allright, but too many gadgets for me!'
dannyson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain sensor issue resolved - obviously the 'Toyota guy' who previously drove this car for 7 months got up the ar** of too many cars - hence the number of chips (that I never got any where near the amount - in 7 years on the old LC4) - and had to have the windscreen replaced - by Toyota I assume as it is still a Toyota windscreen - and they didn't bother to ensure the gel pack was in place.

So - replacement rain sensor fitted by Toyota and all is fine now ...... though I must admit it is a bit of a pain....... carrys on wiping when there isn't really a need...... and adjusting the sensitivity doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.....

Still love it....... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: