4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

importing 60's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
igt24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 22:07    Post subject: importing 60's Reply with quote

Very Happy Has any one seen the TRADECARVIEW site. There are some lovelly 60's 61's 62's great condition. Has any one bought one??
Infact all landcruisers there Very Happy
Plastic wheel arches and side steps are for grannies!! You know who you are!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 22:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lumbering Jack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, I've been starting looking for a 60 series again (Why oh why di I ever sell mine!?).  that site look great - am keen to hear of any feedback too.
hj47

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering what the situation is over in the UK with 60's and 40's in regards to getting vehicles and parts? are there both diesels and petrol?
rodger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 13:06    Post subject: 60s & 40s Reply with quote

Hi

40s: Only i was officially imported by Toyota for themselves (protection of LR?) so the few 40s that are around are all from other sources. there are both petrol & diesel. Most parts have to be imported unless you've got a good Toyo dealer and then they can get some parts but not body parts.

60s: Were imported but now you only see them occasionally as the salt caused many of them to rot away - still sort after though. I use a 2H  engine in my 40 and can get most engine/trans parts from dealers.

Any further info that you want - just ask.

Regards,
Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
hj47

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rodger,
Over in South Australia there are still a few around as the outback was build using them. A lot of mining companies used them as they were built tough and could stand up to the rigors of the harsh outback conditions. They used to say they were than common that you could buy the parts from Woolworths.
I have a HJ47 troopy and a Hj60 wagon both in average condition.
I guess if anyone is after parts or a whole vehicle for that matter I could check it out and see whats around. I live South of Adelaide in a rural area and there are occasional HJ47 pick ups (or utes as we call them) around and a fair amount of 60's.
rodger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

A few guys have imported 40s from Australia but having a forum member who could take a look and/or maybe find parts would be a great help to us. In this local area there are 4 of us and we have four 40s and two 45s between us - one 40 and one 45 came from Australia - bought via e bay unseen other than pics. I think it can be quite worrying till it arrives.

I think that some of the 40/60 owners could be interested, maybe we could combine our wants and save a bit on shipping or am I running away with this idea?

What do you think? Any pics of your trucks?

Regards,
Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
hj47

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can help out I would give it a go. There are quite a few 60's getting around. I'll work out the pics later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: