2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Been and got one!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 22:52    Post subject: Been and got one! Reply with quote

Very Happy   passed my Toyota dealer today and saw a 150 in black on the forecourt stopped off later on and bought it!!  - Missus is not speaking to me now!!  Shocked

10,000 miles - October 2009 reg. - a Toyota lease car or something....  

Well chuffed - some near £8,000 under new price - getting it Supa Guarded (being black - an not a metallic black - a pain to keep clean w/out I would think)

didn't even test drive it - just jumped at it.

£12,000 for me old 2003 120 which I thought was a right result - two years ago they offered me £7,000  !!! Confused

Pick it up next week sometime I hope......
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 22:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dannyson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - I took delivery of my 10mth old Toyota owned LC4 150 today (10,000 miles) - and I'm well chuffed  

Can't believe its the same basic engine as the '53 LC4    (although looking under the bonnet - I did not recognise any of it at all) - its so quiet and so much more responsive - no diesel lag like the old model - its amazing how much has improved in the last 7 years - more so than when changing from the Colorado to the new LC4 at the time - although the ride in the old LC4 was much smoother than the Colorado.  The ride is a little firmer, but none the worse for that and the steering lighter but good - and so many gizmos (to go wrong I hear you already saying) - and at last an average/current MPG thingy. eco mode and lots of other displays / information ......  It even lights up the floor underneath the car - a bit like boy racer stuff.

Its a beautiful black which I had supaguarded - and looks the business.

But most pleasing of all .... I don't have to fret (I hope!!) - of the engine going 'pop' because of dodgy injector seals!   - what a relief and a big weight off my shoulders - together with all the other problems I had (see previous postings!) - and no sun roof to worry over.

I know its very early days - and undoubtedly problems will arise - but in the meantime I just can't get over how much better this car is - and according to UK / Australia and other reviews I've read (and I've read hundreds), much better off road than the old model - not that I will be doing that too much - but good to know (from reviews) its not sacrificed its ruggedness for good looks and road appeal.  And  - it looks (too my mind) more manly & up to date than the older model IMHO.

Happy days - I can't get enough of just looking at it and sitting in it - sad I know......
Adam Edwards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dannyson, you wont be dissapointed with your new LC. They are a fantastic vehicle. The new diesel is the most technically advanced diesel in the world. It is incredible how much power and torque that a 4 cylinder engine can produce.

In some of your other threads, you talk about the ride. It is the smoothest riding vehicle I have been in, even over rough terrain i.e. offroad. Corrugated dirt roads are the worst of the worst and these vehicles glide over like your are on a magic carpet. I would get your dealer to check your vehicle as you shouldn't be feeling worried about the handling at any time (or the feel of the vehicle).

You did mention that it was second hand and a previous issue with the windscreen. The vehicle may have been mistreated and there may be a fault with the suspension. What you have described is nothing like the ride i'm experiencing. I regulalry tow around 2 tonne and drive up to 4 hours each way to go fishing on the weekend and have never had an "oh *beep*" moment or anything close.

Regards Adam
dannyson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Adam   Very Happy .... I have just e mailed my dealer with your observations from this post and the others you kindly responded to - will be interested in their response  Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: