All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Jap Touchscreen headunit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slobbo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 17:52    Post subject: Jap Touchscreen headunit Reply with quote

Hi.  I'm looking at buying a Jap import HDJ101 98 with the later (not seen in uk 100s till 2004) Touch screen (would this be the TNS300?).  

My first question is if you wanted to replace the head unit what can you get and how do you control the aircon if you do replace it.  

My second question is being Japanese can you update it with UK software?  

The third question is can you get up to date maps for it?

Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 17:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Slobbo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried to post a link to a picture but apparently I am not allowed yet.  

Can anyone tell me if the aircon etc can be controlled independently of the touchscreen?  It has temperature buttons above the unit so I am thinking it can but would like confirmation.  Am seriously considering buying this cruiser and I know having a Jap head unit will irritate me.
Spencerb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain - I also have the ElectroMultiVision in my import, yes it is a pain, and I am yet to find a solution....so if you do please let me know.  So far every audio place I tried didnt want to touch it or wanted to completely strip the entire system and rewire at massive expense.
Spencerb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just found this guy: www.Driveandview.com

Having spoken with him it seems he can do lots of things such as swap video to UK Freeview, update SatNav to UK/Europe Satnav and fit the latest bandExpanders for the radio problems, I havent used him and cant recommend him but he is the first person I have found who will even touch an EMV unit.  

So if your interested drop him a line, he is based in Poole and does all work there, which suits me but may not be ideal for all.
Xstream

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody found a solution to this as I have a 99 100 hdj101 with a jap console as described above in it!

Slobbo, did you ever get yours sorted?

Thanks for any info
Brian the Sn@il

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same !
But on mine theres a cassette player under the screen ?
Could the cassette player be replaced with something ?

Ill get a picture up shortly
oldbiker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I have recently acquired a 1998 import with the Jap touchsceen, cassette player, useless radio, TV etc. Any suggestions as to what to do with it will be most welcome. Not least, it doesn't help that it's all in Japanese! The CD multiplayer, although a bit strange does work well!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: