Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Some German 40's I found in Cornwall...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grenade
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 22:15    Post subject: Some German 40's I found in Cornwall... Reply with quote

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 22:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the old, "well it's beyond repair, lets make it into a cool looking challenge vehicle" ruse. Been there before lol. What event is that at? I see one of them has a Ladoga sticker on the door... I will get there someday Cool

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
grenade
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a Punch event at Bush Farm in Saltash Sept 27th. Dunno what it was called, just turned up to watch. The only non-blandrovers were three German Toyotas that were disqualified early for catastrophic damage to either the course or the vehicle. The Germans were good sports however and had the decency to drink heavily and slag off the LR contingent. Highly amusing...
Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame to smash them about like that. How did they perform though apart from getting disqualified
grenade
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:12    Post subject: Some 40's I saw in Jakarta last week Reply with quote

spackrackman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice,

watching the Charlie boorman documentary Sydney to Tokyo last week stared an fj40 in Indonesia and he was stating it was his favorite car of all times!!!

made me feel proud!
grenade
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easily the nicest car a regular guy can get his hands on. I saw lots of them in Jakarta and all of them were in great nick and really well looked after. Might have to look at getting my next one from there...
slickdog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:14    Post subject: FJ40's in Indonesia Reply with quote

Hi
I am currently working in Batam Indonesia and am looking fo ran FJ40 Here to run around in, as most of the roads are Like uk dirt tracks. BUt basically cars in Indonesia are not cheap as they do not allow the import of seconfd hand vehicles and the import duty can be as much as 100%.

I am looking at picking up a bog standard FJ40 for around 45-50 million rupiah (£3200-£3600) and ifd you want a modified one big wheels suspension kit paint a& bucket seats you can pay over 100 Million Rupiah (£7000+)  most are very well looked after and I am having this guy adventure batam (google it) find one for me then he will modify it to my taste. Hea hads actually built or modified over 80 FJ's and also has a willy's Jeep and a Mitsubishi Willy's Jeep in his workshop.

I believe the prices I have seen on e bay Australia are far better but when I quizzed the vendors they did not want the hassle of exporting.

Here in Indonesia it is the FJ40 parts that are easiest to get with Jeep and Land Rover parts a Nightmare. However saying that th eUS has a big FJ40 following with full suspension kits for around 1200USD and importing can be quite cheap.

I should hopefully be here 3 years then when I come back I will either sell it or bring it back to the UK.
otilly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know thos germans; bit cocky.

On the other hand: beautiful 40's. Look closely; they don't seem to have leavesprings. Do I need to say more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: