NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Drove a 150 for the day... and didnt like it....

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakage-al

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Wader, whats your perfect 4x4 ? Seems to me we all like our landcruisers for a variety of good reasons.

1993 HZJ81 Landcruiser 1HZ 4.2
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wader wrote:
Jeez!

Oooh! worst drivers on the road! Been overtaken?
Oooh! clever electronics! Just like Lame Cruiser?
Oooh! airbags as springs! Too comfortable?
Oooh! the noise from the traction control working? Not working on your Toy?
Oooh! the V8 diesel RR is a seriously nice road car? Envy?
Right! The Japs have never got right luxury interiors. You get all the "toys" and more but the "gentlemens club" feel just isn't there on Jap vehicles...
Finally right!

??????
not sure that even justify's a reply but......
Not overtaken but far too many RR Sports driven by wanna be WAGs round here who a far too busy talking and texting on mobiles whilst driving brats to school to take any notice of other road users ..
My 80 series relys on diff locks and good basic design (no need for electronics ) to take it way further off road than any Green Oval product needing traction aids to compensate for a compromised design.
Air bags V springs ?  Again comfort V's off road performance and reliabilty ...... my 4x4s an off roader not a tarmac poseing machine ( how many RR,s and RR Sports ever go off road ?)
Last two points.... credit where its due and finaly we agree  Very Happy
Wader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just weary of all the whining, complaining and negative comparison going on and on on this forum - and very common on similar forums.

If you/we cannot justify the quality of our vehicles without badmouthing the competition it not worth much!!!
deltafive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dannyson for giving us a review of the 150 it clearly is an improvement over the 120. The 120 IS too noisy the ride IS too soft and the  street image IS low, so low that many ask "what is it". The recent engine issues aside the 120 is a tough reliable 4x4 that suits off tarmac use much better than alternative vehicles but it is not best suited to the UK 4x4 market, much more suited to developing countries with poor and unmade roads and interestingly rural Ireland where LC120s (and LC90s) are the 4x4 of choice.
The 150 is never going to compete with the image of a RR, Disco, X5, Q7 etc but they are not vehicles that are built to be used offroad, they are used as "Chelsea Tractors". Yes you can offroad, but most will go no further than parking on grass at a local pony show
A few years ago the RR and Disco had dreadfull reliability and the LC90s and 100s were a much better product, that has all changed the latest vehicles are at least as good as Toyotas, most 4x4 buyers/drivers (90% female?) will go for image so there will be no LC 150 sales boom.

Dave

LC120 V6 lpg x 2
Hilux D4D MK 6
Hilux MK2
dannyson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome deltafive  Very Happy - going to get one? - you won't regret it  ........  brings you into the 21st century big time - it also has a DAB option, USB, hard drive for 2,00- tracks, non DVD Sat Nav ....... and so many other gizmos that I come across by mistake almost daily...... .... Its really blown me away - but I am a simple sole and never had a car with so much in it .... if you go for the LC5 you get even more!!!!  Cool
deltafive

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my LC120 only has 45k on the clock because the previous owners did not do many miles so I will be keeping it for a year or two yet, by then 150 will be available secondhand without the heavy depreciation. Being a V6 it is quiet and on LPG it is cheap to run and it is comfortable but it rolls like hell cornering  so you can only use the power in a straight line. Had it 3 years and apart from servicing, tyres and brakes it has cost nothing as did my first 120, however I have noted the brake caliper problems others have had.

Dave

LC120 V6 lpg x 2
Hilux D4D MK 6
Hilux MK2
Rick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at a 150 at the garage last time I was in for a service.  I'm sure it's a great machine for road use, but I wouldn't want it here on the farm.  The plastic body extensions and other protection on the 120 makes it ideal in this environment, as does the softer suspension which you need when you are towing a heavy trailer across a rough field.  As for under floor lighting, USBs, Dabs, hard drives etc WTF?  Not suited to proper off road use every day as far as I can see.  Too much of a city car, designed to compete with the RR Sport etc which are useless in this environment as well.  What's the point of a four wheel drive vehicle designed for city use?  Never understood that.
Do you think in 5 years time that the likes of the UN will be driving these around in disaster areas and war zones?  Unfortunately, Toyota have seriously lost their way with this one now.
I can imagine it fits in just fine in St Albrans though Wink
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy  Very Happy  ..... read through pradopoint Aus to get an appreciation of just how much better off road and other testing conditions they put theirs through to understand how rugged a vehicle it is and how it beats all the others hands down!! .......'those in the know buy a landcruiser' ........ I've already seen images of the UN and others using the 150 ...... far from losing their way they are still showing the way and managing to include modern accessories.....  Very Happy  Very Happy .. go get one,, you will love it, it is soooo much better than the 120 - no matter where you live....St Albans  Smile , in the desert, in the jungle ... an awesome machine......   Cool    Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: