All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My Landcruiser mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickey5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 21:49    Post subject: My Landcruiser mods Reply with quote

Hi Guys, Here's some pics of my latest mods.

I have recently changed my rear lights, and wired them in, and they look fantastic. Also got a new set of 20" Rims on  Very Happy
Here are a few pics.

To see more of her click here http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd378/Beau168/Toyota%20Landcruiser/
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 21:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a word of advice with regards your covered in wheel nuts.

Take the covers off and give a good coating of something to protect everything from corrosion.

Then re-do it every 2 months or so.

Roger
munster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the lights where did you get them and was the wiring straight forward Question
LC 95 LWB 3.0TD, Cooper STT 265/75/16, Alien Snorkel, 40mm Ironman SL, 2000w inverter,Sterling Bat to Bat  split charger system, Diff breathers,HID 8" Spots,bootstorage drawers.TTI 1100CB, Terrain RTT+ Awning, K4 winch mount, Goodwinch TDS Goldfish winch
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, your 'cruiser is now 50% less practical and 100% more chav.

Think the numberplate might be trying to tell you something Razz

Sorry, just my opinion but I had to do it.

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
Mark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo4x4 wrote:

Think the numberplate might be trying to tell you something Razz

Very Happy  Yep - the car is definitely protesting....

Its hilarious even here in Uganda...you see these high end 4x4's with huge wheels and about 5mm of rubber around them...must go through a set of wheels every year.

Of course - just one (more) persons opinion  Rolling Eyes

Regards
Mark
Brett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your next mod should be a set of lowering springs, it would look awesome slammed to the floor with those 20" bad boys  rr

20011 VDJ 200
1995 HDJ80 GS, 1HD-FT
mickey5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the lights from e bay and the wiring was kinda straight forward. All the wiring is at the back of the car already. All you need are some new wires, and plugs and thats it. You also need some bulb holders for the lights.

And regards to the "rubber". The tyres actually last very long and handles brilliantly in all round weather. We had quite a bit of snow here and it never got stuck.     I had KUHMO tyres on with about 5mm tread all round which lasted for about 5 years and done about 50,000+,  Plus I live in Milton Keynes where there is a roundabout every half mile!   Wink

And Lowering it might look good and improve handling but you also get a very harsh ride which I dont want.
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickey5 wrote:
And regards to the "rubber". The tyres actually last very long and handles brilliantly in all round weather.

The problems Mark and I were refering to involve the tyre sidewall having such a low profile. In off road situations your blingin' rimz would last all of 5mins with so little protection from the sidewalls, but if it's just a Chelsea tractor you're after then I'm not one to judge - having 4x4's purely for road use is an issue I have strong opinions on.

I can vouch for Kumho's road tyre's performance and longevity as I had some fitted to my old Civic Coupe. I noticed you have Pirelli's on these wheels, another good road tyre Wink

If you're going down this road then I think the first mod should have been next mod should be to colour match the spare wheel cover Cool

Jim.

mickey5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I dont go off-roading, It's more of  a family car, and the one of towing here and there. Even in snow it handles well with no problems.
If I was ever to go off-road I would obviously change into a proper set of tyres. Plus there only 20" with a profile of 45 so its quite a bit of tyre at the side. Living in milton keynes with roundabout I personally think that these work better handling wise as well as good for snow. Plus I think they look fantastic on the car!  Very Happy

Regarding the spare wheel cover. I think it looks good in red and Im not too bothered....Maybe in future I might get it painted but for know its good.

At the moment though I have another project going. A 350z GT4 Restoration project. If you want to check it out click here. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45699
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice motor, my girlfriend's stepdad used to have one in blue (albeit not a GT). Great looking car and one I would happily own. Is it just an investment or do you have more plans for it? Good luck with the repairs.

Think I can forgive you your vices as you use the 'cruiser for towing Razz  Razz

Jim.

Last edited by Jimbo4x4 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 20:49; edited 1 time in total
mickey5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I think we'll end up keeping her as it is a lovely car and its the limited edition GT4 model.
Cant wait to get her back onto the road!  Smile
Brett

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickey5 wrote:
And Lowering it might look good and improve handling but you also get a very harsh ride which I dont want.

Sorry Mate, I was being sarcastic Laughing

Each to their own, & as long as you're happy with it that's all that matters really isn't it? thumbleft

20011 VDJ 200
1995 HDJ80 GS, 1HD-FT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: