4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

colorado keys, immobiliser and alarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokeydan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 21:31    Post subject: colorado keys, immobiliser and alarm Reply with quote

Hello,

Just bought a '99 Colorado, but it came to me with just 1 key and remote fob- I think I've found a suitable remote locking/alarm fob on e bay which I should be able to reprogram with the information here on the forum, but I need more info on the key itself- does it have a transponder for the immobiliser built into it? I had assumed so, but there are a couple of sources I found online (eg Hinkleys) that say that only the '97 model year had a transponder in the key.

Looking at the ones on e bay, it looks like the key itself is a "Toy43" and the transponder itself could be a "ID4C" (if I need one) Can anyone confirm these part numbers?

many thanks

Dan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 21:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

smokeydan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still trying to reprogram the remote fob- I've tried the procedure described here repeatedly, but with no success. (key in, key out, lock/unlock 5 times etc etc, and a variation I found in a Toyota diagnostics document)

As the car came to me with just one key and one two button remote fob, I'm wondering if the key I have might not be the master key? Does anyone know if it needs to be the master key for this procedure to work?

Or might it be that this set of instructions somehow doesn't relate to my car? I've read that the procedure for some 80 series is different, and involves pressing a green "programming button" on the remote locking/alarm module. Has anyone heard of this in a Colorado?

cheers

Dan
BCM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the ECU must be accessed to program new and additional keyfobs for the Colorado. However does anyone know where this part is located on a 1997 3.0 GX model please. I have looked under both seats nothing there, is it under the drivers side of the dashboard?
EvilEd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my 98 LC 90 VX it was behind the radio...

Remove the radio and it was cable tied to a bar at the back with black foamy stuff wrapped round it.

Cut the cable tie and under the sticky foam is one screw and one rivet, choice is yours if you drill the rivet or just pry the metal cover back (i just pried it back).

Then just follow the instructions and it should be good.

I have also found that you need to hold the button on the alarm for around a second for it to work. or do it three or more times if you only do a quick blip. seems the same for both remotes so I think it's a feature of the system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: