Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Anyone know Oakleigh Garage in Chesham?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ecoman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:53    Post subject: Anyone know Oakleigh Garage in Chesham? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone had any dealings with Oakleigh Garage in Chesham?

They have a high mileage but mint cruiser in and I was thinking of taking a trip down to see it. As I live in NE Scotland it will be a a case of a few days away from home to view it. What i wanted to know was whether they were a reasonably trustworthy car dealer (as far as car dealers go!!) The guy seems to have been pretty honest with me but I didn't want to set out to go and see it to be presented with a rough old nail.

Any help will be greatly received   thumbleft

Thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me hae a few more details on the one your looking at, i'm only about five miles away i can take a gander for you & send you some piccies.
Ecoman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one I'm looking at is the white one with Yak in the registration. Eddie Taro from HPOC is popping down for me tomorrow to give me a heads up on its condition. Thanks for the offer anyway. Very Happy
Ecoman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my mate went to Oakleigh Garage to look at a white Landcruiser for me. Now the salesman told me the truck was mint inside and out with not a spot of rust and damn near mechanically perfect. Mmm not bad for a 200K motor I thought.

My mate got there and was on the phone within minutes. Transmission leaks, both front swivels are goosed and pishing oil out, oil leak from engine, rot all over the tailgate, scratches everywhere. The only decent bit on the car is the nice interior so he says. Needless to say its not worth the £5.5K they are asking for it so wont be going for that one.

He does have another white one with lower mileage for £6.5K in a lot better knick but that one is way out of my budget so I'm still looking   Rolling Eyes
gaz69

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone I've just joined. I've always wanted an Amazon especially the TD version.  They're just an honest beast of a car I like the shape of the earlier 1990- 2000 models. Plus now its about all I could afford  Wink

I'm looking for a mechanically sound Amazon to be used during the family holidays / weekends and seen an advert on Auto trader for a Landcrusier VX Turbo 1994 (Green) Reg L19 PDW at the Oakleigh Garage.  I was wondering if anyone here knows the car or even can recommend or offer an alternative.  I am concerned it has to be mechanically sound.  Bad enough having the kids asking me if we're there yet but I don't want to be on stressed about a car throwing a tantrum too Smile Wink

Thanks in advance for any information.

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: