Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

FJ40 Registering help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonFJ

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 16:03    Post subject: FJ40 Registering help Reply with quote

At long last, i have now sent my 1973 FJ40 that i personally imported last July to get MOT'd. With intention of getting it finally registered here in the UK, can anyone offer me some help in ensuring i dont get a dreaded "Q" plate as the vechile does not have its original registration from Oz. also its fitted with a 302 Chevy V8 and apperantly toyota UK cant help me with the VIN no FJ40 153279 as its from Australia and they have no records of it. i understand i do not need to get it SVA's etc..just an MOT. but i am trying to complete V55/5 DVLA form and it tries to either relate to a cert of conformity which i dont have and cant get from Toyota Oz .

any help or advice much appreciated thanks Jon.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 16:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

spackrackman

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, as far as I remembered when I registered my bj40 I had to take a valid MOT, fill out the dvla registration form putting what info you had such as doors colour, engine size etc etc and a C&E386 form from customs showing that all taxes have been paid. I made an appointment at my local DVLA (notts) and did it all there on the spot. I dont remember having to prove anything else.  I will dig out the old paper work and see if it rings any bells. I have to go though the process again soon as I have two more I need to register.

Jonnie
rodger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having registered imported bikes and cars, the form looks more complicated than it really is.
First off -Cert of Conformity only available for vehicles manufactured after 1995.
For bikes we used to get a Certificate of Originality but dvla dont seem to want/need that for cars.
DVLA will tell you over the phone what sections they need completed , or as Jonnie says, visit in person. They are actually very helpful (I know that sounds odd but they are).

Take your papers, and an insurance cert (Adrian Flux will do insurance off VIN number subject to registration within 60 days) ands pay them a visit/phone - If you're lacking something they'll tell you.

Regards,
Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: