NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

diesel in sump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve cook

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 16:37    Post subject: diesel in sump Reply with quote

Hi there can anyone help with a problem i have with diesel getting into my sump on a 4.2 engine only done approx 5000 mls engine has been maranised by yamaha and is fitted in my boat the diesel filled up the sump thinned the oil came out breather pipe into turbo and then i had runaway engine that did not want to stop anyway its okay can anyone point me in the right direction it has electric lift pump got me tried everything but compression test Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 16:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

aroscow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one hundred per cent certain  buti think a failed seal in the injector pump can do that.
steve cook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that going to take off head tomorrow and have a look i suspect it has been over cooked at sometime worth a look first
joinerman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had same problem, it WAS as already said above the front seal in the pump.
joinerman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say you can do it without removing the pump.
Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the 12valve engine or the 24 valve ? if 24 valve then the leak off pipes and injector pipes also run inside the rocker cover so could cause the same thing, you can run the engine with the cover off to try and spot the leak
steve cook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 17:48    Post subject: diesel in sump Reply with quote

hi thanks for that is it easy to change and where on the pump can i locate it thanks very much

kind regards
steve
joinerman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to remove the cam belt & the front timing chest  cover to access the drive gear on the end of the pump,mark everything up before removing this gear wheel, the seal sits behind this & can be carefully removed, do NOT scratch the ally seat which the seal sits in or it's game over.
steve cook

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:35    Post subject: disel in sump Reply with quote

thanks again did a compression test and every things okay saves head removal i tackle seal next
steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Engine All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: