2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

looking for a gearbox for a 4.0 diesel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
igt24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 18:18    Post subject: looking for a gearbox for a 4.0 diesel Reply with quote

hello i have just bought a 2h toyota diesel and am planning on fitting it into my 70 series land cruiser, and am after a manual 4 or 5 speed box to fit it too. Does any body know of a person who holds many parts for the 60 series and does any one have some hints or tips on my mission?
Thank you all...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 18:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the 5 sp,the 2H needs lots of gear changes. The 5sp is called a H55f and the one from a petrol 3F engine will work as it has the same spline count(11 spline I think)and input shaft length.
If you get one off a petrol engine,you will need the 2H diesel bell housing. Try and get one from 10/85 on as they have the 38 mm idler on the transfer case as opposed to the older 32mm idler.
The gearsticks come in LH and RH to suit driving positions.
You will also need the 70 series cross member or fabricate one.

What model 70 series is it going into?
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
igt24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello thanks for your reply i have a 1990 lj70 and intend to fit the 2h engine in it is a tight squeeze but after measuring it does have the space. I have spoken to a 60 series friend and he says that i need to just change the bellhousing on my existing box to the 2h bellhousing and connecting both together shouldnt be a problem. I just have the dilema of actually finding the 2h bellhousing.
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will run into problems with using your old gearbox with the input shaft length. However if your friend is sure ,then you will have no problems.

I was also wondering about the height of the engine. Will you  have to lower it to close the bonnet ? This would make it closer to the diff
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Honda XR650L
igt24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good point, i have raised the suspension so to lower the engine is possible as you said, having said that i will have to also make the front suspension  stronger to cope with the extra weight, i am begining to realise there will be many factors to take into account to meet my goal and to see if it is all possible all i can do is to try my best and see, luckily the rest of the vehicule is in great condition.......
estewes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,Im  looking for 5 gear box for my toyota Hj60 with 2h engine because old one started making some strange noise  Confused
Can anyone help?
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

estewes wrote:
Hello,Im  looking for 5 gear box for my toyota Hj60 with 2h engine because old one started making some strange noise  Confused
Can anyone help?

Rebuild it ,bearing kits are relatively cheap and usually its all that they need. Used transmissions from this era will all have fairly high klms
Make sure the noise is not from the transfer case,it will save you a lot of $$$
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Honda XR650L
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: