4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

auto transmission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve clarehugh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49    Post subject: auto transmission Reply with quote

Gearbox changes up too soon sometimes which seem like the car is down on powere but if you knock it into second the revs go up and she sings along. with foot flat to floor the revs go down at about2200-2400 as the auto box changes. it is not all of the time. my question is is there a filter in the box or on the side, planning to drop oil and filter if there is one but want to get filter/oil before I start taking it apart or I will have to wait for parts to arrive after ordering. any one had similar symptoms
chhers
Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

It would help if you specified which car, engine and year as there are several boxes used.

Later cars tend to go into high gear earlier to reduce pollution so it may be a design 'feature'. Alternatively, it may be time to drain and refill the box. Bear in mind this usually only changes half the oil in the box so you may have to do it several times to get clean fluid in there.

Again the later boxes use more electronics so it may be a sensor or wiring problem. Anyway, specify your vehicle details and someone here will advise.

Willy
steve clarehugh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is a y reg colorada with a d4d engine the problem was fairly intermitent but has become more regular just been out tonight and it is now all the time had car for four years and I love and know the usual performance I get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: