Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wheel Spacers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 22:34    Post subject: Wheel Spacers Reply with quote

Anyone got any thoughts (good, bad or otherwise) on the application of wheel spacers on a 1991 VX TD currently with standard factory alloys?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 22:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Plug

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont ,it will put unecessary stress on the wheelbearings,alloy wheel centres and front stub axles.
How much wider do you want the LC to be?Extra width will make it easier to hit things like other cars and do wonders for your insurance(modified vehicle).
D9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 23:23    Post subject: Wheel Spacers Reply with quote

I suppose that'll be a "no" then ;-{)

D9
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, depends how big you want to go, 1 inch should be fine and will not adversely affect the wear on the bearings and will fill out the arches nicely, however to be honest the 80 series is wide enough to not need them for stability.

The bearings on the 80 series are pretty robust as well as being adjustable front and rear and you have the ability to remove, clean, refit and adjust really easily because they are fully floating type axles.

Doubt if the insurance will have any problem as long as you don't go to ridiculous size. I would say that the 32mm ones you see quite a lot on e bay are a bit big, however you could get away with them just about without going out too far from the wheelarches.
D9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Andy. I've had another think about this one and I've decided that you are both right about the width of the stock Cruiser. I think I'll not try to fix what's not been broken...............not yet anyway:-{)

D9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: