Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

new Prado owner O/D question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy1969

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 19:16    Post subject: new Prado owner O/D question Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Just got my 96 Prado 3.0 TD, what a difference to the Hilux Surf 2.4 that I had before.  The overdrive button on the auto stick, should it be on or off for normal driving? or do I have to press it when I am at a certain speed?  There are two buttons below the hazard light as well marked "up" and "down" what are these for?  I know to all of you these may seem  stupid questions so I apologise in advance and thanks for any help

Regards

Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 19:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

When mine says off on the dash it's off, but when it's on nothing shows on the dash, this is how i leave mine all the time, just try it out when driving a 50 mph you'll soon see how it works & in what mode you want to keep it.

Joinerman
Jet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm new to this forum also, but have been watching from the sidelines for some time.
I use the overdrive when on open roads, motorway, etc - places that I generally don't expect to have the gearbox continually searching for different gear and can maintain a steady speed. I have it off most of the time as I happen to live in a part of Scotland were 'road' is defined by tarmac with potholes every 2-3 meters or so, and if it's possible to go over a hill or put a corner in then that's also been done!! Neadless to say if the car gets into 3rd gear it's on a good day.

The up/down buttons are for your powered aerial - so you can put it away in a car wash with out turning the cd off.

Cheers
8)
calumtowie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:14    Post subject: O/D Button Reply with quote

I see that Joinerman says that when he is in overdrive nothing shows on his dash, but on my 1997 Prado the o/d warning light flashes when i'm in overdrive. Is this right?

Calum
andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:29    Post subject: Re: O/D Button Reply with quote

calumtowie wrote:
I see that Joinerman says that when he is in overdrive nothing shows on his dash, but on my 1997 Prado the o/d warning light flashes when i'm in overdrive. Is this right?

Calum

No this could mean that you have a problem with the gearbox.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
calumtowie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 0:35    Post subject: Re-O/D Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
Would you have any idea if it is an electrical or mechanical problem.
Thanks
Calum
andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:36    Post subject: Re: Re-O/D Reply with quote

calumtowie wrote:
Hi Andy,
Would you have any idea if it is an electrical or mechanical problem.
Thanks
Calum

No idea on that, but you will need to pull the fault code, see here   http://www.auto-diagnostic-codes.com/Auto-Transmission/Japanese-Korean/Toyota-Automatic-Transmission.html
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
derekljm

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

I have a Prado 2000 imported from Japan.  

Show OD OFF while not driving in OD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: