Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Prado axle failures

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24Seven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonka wrote:
Laughing
dont forget, try and 'raise the bar '

Laughing you want £20 worth of fuel and 2 bottles  Laughing

cheers ek 8)

I got a free clean inside and out, but no fuel or booze  Smile

It was very painless though, so I'm not moaning.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 18:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mike t

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my 96 Prado booked in to Hodgson Toyota on 20th Feb.Apparently I get £15 worth of fuel as well!Will let you know how it goes.
mike t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prado went in today for the axles.No probs, £15 worth of fuel and a bottle of bubbly.They said they cleaned it but they didnt, but so what!All credit to Hodgson Toyota.Gateshead, good courteous service and no sharp intakes of breath when they saw it was an import.
baberair1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking over at the Colorado recall posts, seems that Toyota are paying £15 for fuel and a bottle of Champagne for each recall but some steallers are being less that forthcoming about this!!! Some have called Toyota mentioning this and then get a call from the Stealler offering the Fuel and Champagne!!
baberair1

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay , bit of a long story ,but Ive just had the recall done. After calling Toyota UK they sent me a letter stating my car needed recall a few weeks later
I booked the car into Kings Toyota of Hedge End Southampton who were very coutious and have a splendid new show room, with playstation too and free coffee/tea facilities.
I took the car in on wednesday evening and was given a Yaris(no air con manual and dodgy steering, due to a previous user!) Although the car was due to be there 3/12 hours problems arose almost immediatly, Toyota denied all knowledge of the car on thier computer, so i had to rush a copy of the letter to Kings(very appologetic) there were other problems which meant they had to call and tell me it needed to stay into the friday.
On friday i had a call from Kings saying that the speed sensor had broken and this would take till saturady to get, but they were sorry and offered me a serviceing voucher as compensation.
I collected the car from them on Saturday and it had beeen washed , but there was no offer of the voucher or any sign of the Toyota champagne.
I later called Toyota Customer service who new straight away about the Champagne and Fuel but they told me to call Customer relations which was busy but did have an e mail address.
I e mailed Toyota  Cust rel and got a very long and appologetic reply from Kings(I had stated to Toyota that they had always been polite and courtious)
and to put an end to speculation as to wether some Dealers are not passing on the fuel champagne, here is a quote from the e mail to me

" The last issue was regarding the customer delight package Toyota provide following recall. Please accept my apologies you have not received the expected items in question. Looking through our records, the process was started in the fact that the vehicle was washed & hoovered. What happened from there I can not explain. It is the servicing technicians responsibility to fuel the vehicle whilst on road test to the value of £15.00 and place a bottle of champagne in the vehicle following road test. We have certainly claimed for the items mentioned within the claim we submitted to Toyota. I can only put this down as an oversight and I now have a bottle of champagne sat on my desk waiting for you. I would offer for it to be delivered, but as we also have to fuel the vehicle I would advise you to visit us at your convenience where I will personally take the car for fuelling. Please accept our apologies for this, it is not common practice for this to be missed and I can only put this down as an oversight. I have also issued 2 vouchers this morning for you for the future servicing requirements of your vehicle as promised. These can be collected when the vehicle comes in to be fuelled. "

So it seems its known as a customer delight package
So it seems Toyota are trying to show thier  appologies and enhance customer relations but some dealers(or thier staff) are undermining them

I have to say that had i not known about the lack of Champs n fuel that i wouldnt have been upset at Kings

Oh if you want an AUTO courtesy car make sure you point that out way in advance oh and thanks to Mike of Kings for making it a pleasent  experience
derekljm

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Malaysia and I have a reconditioned Prado TX Limited imported from Japan.  Not sure will it fall in the callout range.

How can i find the date of manufacture of my Prado, from chasis number?

The chasis number is KZJ95-0135818.
andy

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekljm wrote:
I am from Malaysia and I have a reconditioned Prado TX Limited imported from Japan.  Not sure will it fall in the callout range.

How can i find the date of manufacture of my Prado, from chasis number?

The chasis number is KZJ95-0135818.

Looks like July 1999.
http://toyota.mnc.ru/framno/KZJ95.html
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
derekljm

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy.

I also found an Toyota Official Site for recall (Japanese)

But i cannot post it here due to i'm new.

Anyone need the it can send me a mail.
archy

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:16    Post subject: west riding toyota Reply with quote

Hi
Had my recall done but was not offered any champagne or fuel.

It was done back end of last year.

Is it too late to claim anything

ash
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: