Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

who's buying the 40s??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob4wd
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 20:15    Post subject: who's buying the 40s?? Reply with quote

there's bin a few 40s on e bay recently -just wondering if anyone browsing here has bought one. a white 79 recently bid 7200 and a white 70 just bid 3600. a rusty bj in ireland was up for 2700 and a green 45 was asking 3000.

any new owners out there??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 20:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

spackrackman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made a bid on the white one. Seemed nice, and I had the parts to finish it off (roof, seats etc) or make it right hand drive. In my opinion someone got a bargin for such a nice early 40. Wish I had bid more.
hawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the third highest bidder on the 1970 white soft top one. Didn't go any higher - that was all I could afford - for a few minutes until I was outbid I thought I had got a bargain.

I didn't have a chance to go and view it, so if anybody knows where it ended up I would be interested to know if its condition was a good as the e bay photos and description said!

Steve
rob4wd
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

that,s a shame niether of you got it. how's your aluminium tub one coming on johny??
spackrackman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

its ok, I keep adding bits like a fairy overdrive and now I have swapped the 3.0 for a 3.4 and a turbo. I have the summer off work so going to go for it. Want to get it running for October. I shall post some pictures at some point! I have too many projects!
timgoodstuff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, just bought the blue fj40 (was listed as fj47) last week off e bay. been after one for years now. it is already stripped and the tub should be coming off tomorrow to be dipped and repaired next week.
spackrackman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellant!! not sure if I saw that one listed. We are not to far from each other! Let me know if you need anything.
Jonnie
spackrackman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

found it, the petrol one! Looks good. Happy with the condition anything scary hidden?
timgoodstuff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i knew it needed a quater panel, but i am going to do both just to be safe. doors are in really good shape just one with a little rot on the in side bottom, might just put a bottom on it. the tub has had some patches in it life and is going to need a couple more. but on the whole it really isn't too bad. just covered in 5mm of high build filler EVERYWHERE! even on the front bumper! BUT things might change after it has been dipped. the only thing that is going to be a big job is on the door pillars, the metal tube has rotted away where the had top tube fits in... going to need a little frabrication to get right on the tub and the hrad top sides... Rolling Eyes
Gordon Brown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought an `83 BJ40 10 years ago ( cheap), one owner , a  personal import to Northern Ireland from Republic of Ireland ( rear windows taken out and panels welded in). Garaged since. Drove it home , MOT- it has been off road since and not started for about 5 years but shouldn`t be hard to get running. All mechanicals good, mileage 104K, rear tub floor and inner wheel arches removed ( rotten) - these need replacing with a rear bumber and new seats.

May renovate when I get the time,
allana13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post some pics Gordon and all the folks Wink
parapower

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

allana13 wrote:
Post some pics Gordon and all the folks Wink

....some pics +1 would be nice Very Happy
brulift

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23    Post subject: Re: who's buying the 40s?? Reply with quote

rob4wd wrote:
there's bin a few 40s on e bay recently -just wondering if anyone browsing here has bought one. a white 79 recently bid 7200 and a white 70 just bid 3600. a rusty bj in ireland was up for 2700 and a green 45 was asking 3000.

Hi Guys
I just bought a fj40 in Brunei. I have been trying to get one for a couple of years, it seems that there are probally about 20-30 here in Brunei. The car is a runner and is in reasonable condition, By the way i paid 4500 english pounds for it. It does not need to much work and is in fairly good condition inside. its a bit tatty but i kinfd of like the (shabby sheek look).
I have only driven it about 2 miles but notice that while driving i need to be constantly tweaking the wheel to keep the steering in line is this normal for these?
rob4wd
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 20:39    Post subject: Re: who's buying the 40s?? Reply with quote

brulift wrote:
rob4wd wrote:

Hi Guys
I just bought a fj40 in Brunei. I have been trying to get one for a couple of years, it seems that there are probally about 20-30 here in Brunei. The car is a runner and is in reasonable condition, By the way i paid 4500 english pounds for it. It does not need to much work and is in fairly good condition inside. its a bit tatty but i kinfd of like the (shabby sheek look).
I have only driven it about 2 miles but notice that while driving i need to be constantly tweaking the wheel to keep the steering in line is this normal for these?

absolutely,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: