Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Anyone had to get a vehicle age verification document?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spackrackman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 21:09    Post subject: Anyone had to get a vehicle age verification document? Reply with quote

I am trying to register a bj42lx that has no documents that was originally imported from Australia. The DVLA need some sort of proof of age as it has no logbook, I have spoken to someone in the past that managed to get an age verification letter from Toyota.

Anyone know or can point me in the right direction?  or anyone got any ideas on how else I can do it that the DVLA will except to give me an age related Reg?

Cheers
Jonnie
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 21:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Cptsideways

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could ask a friendly Toyota dealer to confirm it via the VIN number, which should be easy enough.
spackrackman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth a go, do you think toyota UK have a world wide database of VIN numbers or should I try and get someone in OZ to stroll into a dealership over there?

Jonnie
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have the plates on the firewall still attached? There should be 2 plates ,one from Toyota and one that says its meets Australian Standards.
The build date should be stamped on one or both of them.
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
spackrackman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can not remember seeing another plate, but that is a good idea and will have a look tomorrow. Not sure our DVLA would except that though.  Apparently a letter from toyota costs 200 pounds

barstools
JonFJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 20:29    Post subject: Registering Reply with quote

Did the exact same thing last year with mine, i went to the morris commercial car club and got one of their local guys to come out and confirm its age, i have all the contact details if your PM me, saying that when i actually went to Lincoln DVLA guy didnt even look at the documentation, he saw that the VIN plate was original and went straight off that.
let me know if you want anymore info
cheer
Jon
Landcruiser BJ74 1986
Landcruiser BJ74 1989 (parts car)
Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to do the exact same thing soon will be following your progress good luck
spackrackman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been passed a form to fill in by another LC owner that was originally from Toyota and where to send it. Let me know and I will pass the email on. I have emailed it off but heard nothing back yet. Will let you know. I have also had to contact Customs to see if any money is owing on the vehicle as I need a C&E 386 customs paid form before I can register. If anyone knows anyway around this do let me know.
Jonnie
cathyee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 17:21    Post subject: Anyone had to get a vehicle age verification document? Reply with quote

You should go expert so that you can get proper solution. Otherwise, You can  do Google search  . As your Toyota is imported from Australia so you can find many information via google search. Because i have found many important information easily from here.
ytboy4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a bit late but may help others in the future.

I had to do this a couple of years ago, if you email pid@tgb.toyota.co.uk with the chassis number and VIN (I had to give the VIN as their records didn't have the chassis number) they will send you a dating letter. They didn't charge me for this or the 2nd letter I received as a result of losing the 1st letter but they will charge for for an additional letter. I think I was quoted at £75.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: