Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Very simple rear storage tidy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Bodywork / accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lovely Boyo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:02    Post subject: Very simple rear storage tidy Reply with quote

Shamelessly ripped off from one of the guys on IH8MUD.COM........

Get a cheap bit of conti board (ply would be much better), chop saw it into the required sizes for a snug fit between the wheel arches, screw together with 2'' long chip board screws, hold it down with a ratchet strap for safety.........

That left leg looks bent - just checked - it isn't - must be the camera angle haha

The roller drawers are the under bed storage type - £7.90 from B&Q with lids that hinge from both ends so its easy to get to all your junk........

This drawer contains recovery & safety type stuff and first aid kit........

The other drawer is full of tools, oils, spares, etc.

I will finish it off with some carpet so it doesn't look so obvious. I am going to build a second layer, I have the drawers, should be good for the Pyrenees in the summer, store food, clothing, wine, beer etc lol

Here's what you can see if you glance in from the side, less interest from thieving toe rags methinks......

There is a 22mm board screwed along the front face which makes it quite strong. Doesn't weigh very much and can be taken out in about 1 minute.

My Mark Two model will be made of ply and a better fit - this was just a play about a couple of weeks ago.

So this costs about £25 for one layer and £40 for two layers. The professional stuff costs £1400 from the States - much better quality but I'm happy with my £1375 savings haha.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_drawers_main.htm

Should give you guys some good ideas for making a full length version, with drawers coming out of the rear doors (maybe) with a nice bedding arrangement on top.................
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jezza

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not an equipment rack.. THIS is an equipment rack  Very Happy

(My old 120 before I got my grubby little mits on it and put 250k on the clock  Laughing  )
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those bed storage boxes with the little wheels, absolutely ideal!

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
moorsman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i wonder if the seemingly unlimited funds for such has any bearing on the
taxpayer humph
regards kev
OG.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all beginners - this is what I have in my Defender

Left cupboard is food and storage, rear compartment houses cooker, centre compartment for tools, recovery gear, spares, front compartment for sleeping bags and bedding, left side compartment for clothes, right side compartment for poles and sides for Foxwing awning.

Sleep on the top of it all using thermarests.

Works perfectly for two people. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Bodywork / accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: