Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

60th Edition LC fuel filter blocked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelbinary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 13:37    Post subject: 60th Edition LC fuel filter blocked. Reply with quote

Car done 35K and this is the second time the fuel filter has blocked, I can only get 30mph at the moment and 15 up a reasonable hill.
I have driven diesel cars for 30 years and never ever had this problem before.
Anybody else suffer from it ?.

Is the fuel filter easy to take out at home or do I have to wait until Monday to go to garage ?.

And BTW does anybody know where the bloody thing is in the first place ?.

TIA Michael
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 13:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dannyson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I've heard of that happening - have a read of pradopoint - the Aus version of this forum where there are a lot more 150 owners.  Still don't recall reading anything about it on that either though.....
ALEX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine got blocked last winter after about 20k miles (2010, LC4).  Was driving through Germany at the time and they said it was caused by the diesel starting to freeze (or gel, or wax, or whatever the technical term is).  Since then, it has been suggested that the filters are so fine that it was probably starting to get blocked even before the cold waxy diesel tried to pass through.

I'd be interested to know whether Toyota said blocked fuel filters are a frequent problem and how often they suggest it should be replaced.  I will be heading off to the alps in a couple of weeks and not sure whether to get the filter replaced before heading off.
dannyson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to run mine on only Shell V power or BP Ultimate.  Maybe give yours a few fill ups with the expensive stuff before you go.... meant to help clean up the engine and it components.
dannyson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to run mine on only Shell V power or BP Ultimate.  Maybe give yours a few fill ups with the expensive stuff before you go.... meant to help clean up the engine and it components.
ALEX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been too sure whether premium fuels are a bit of a gimmick, but might be worth a go... Cheers
dannyson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome - hope it works ... sorry about the duplicate entry...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: