Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Morocco and the Sahara

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trackasylum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russia / eastern europe on my list for some point but not for a while like you Matt i can't get enough of Morocco. I've been going back for 12 straight years now, with multiple trips in some years Smile

I kinda think Assa to Smara is not too bad for a solo vehicle particularly with the new piste/road construction, certainly the stretch from Smara to Boujdour needs a second to be safe its a good 2 nights in the desert and about the limit of a 95's fuel range
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 22:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Pumairl
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, bring back memories of moroco, western sahara, mauritainia, senegal and gambia...from my plymouth - dakar banger rally days........oh.. to do it again....lol, granted..did it in a pug 405 estate... with no radio...  Shocked
Trackasylum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad mistake......................... you gotta have tunes dude  Laughing
Pumairl
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh... don't I know it...3 weeks with a passenger one doesnt get on with...lmao..
Would do it again...(with a radio)...
Trackasylum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

stereo was top of my list fitting out the 95, then a fridge for beers Laughing
nevamet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fridge is a proper device and a highly appreciated solution on board. Guys if your schedule crosses mine... oh... I agree to purchaise a good fridge for all in the team. I am about ready to install it in my vehicle!  Very Happy

-------------
>The tyres are bfgoodrich mud terrain's 255/85/16

Matt, it's a great choice. I have the same wheel size and I want these tyres. By the way these tyres a favourable here in the woods of Karelia (north of the Ladoga lake). I asked you about them because I was doubting in their usability on the rocky desert terrain.
24Seven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alex

That size has a large diameter so check you have enough clearance. In my opinion BFG M/T are the best for the terrain you get in Morocco, but they are more noisy and use more fuel than BFG A/T's

Either BFG A/T's or M/T's would be fine though.
nevamet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt,

It will look like that: http://www.adjusters.ru/routes/MMC_L200_tuning.htm
24Seven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevamet wrote:
Matt,

It will look like that: http://www.adjusters.ru/routes/MMC_L200_tuning.htm

Looks very nice are you going to fit 285/75 or 255/85? I think they are both around 33" Diameter

255/85 can look a bit tall and skinny, but are an easy way to gain a bit of height on my Toyota, I think I would have rubbing issues with 285's.
nevamet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, they're 33' Dia. 33' is the final size for L200 working great without changes of wheel archs. Lift should be at least of 1 inch. 2" is better.
I dunno what size I should use. Because of lifting, because of fuel consumption, because of overloading of transmission. I have in my library about 120 pages of the others' experience... but I am not sure what choice is best.

Here's a 35" version: http://www.drive2.ru/cars/mitsubishi/l200/l200_4th_generation/tajga81/

What about your vehicle, Matt? What max size of wheels is possible?
24Seven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a small lift, I would say the 255/85 would be the biggest tyres you could fit.

But it's not really about all that for travelling overland, if you're by yourself you're not going to be pushing to the limits and even if you're not along you're still 1000's Km from home.

You can find yourself on muddy or heavily rutted tracks in Morocco but mostly its stony desert pistes and nasty corrugations which I will drive miles to avoid if I can  Laughing

Having good quality tyres is the most important thing, with tough side walls so you can run at lower pressures to ease the ride. (Even on the Tarmac in Morocco I lower my pressures compared to Europe)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: