NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Importing 40 from Oz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
busaboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 23:14    Post subject: Importing 40 from Oz Reply with quote

As it says i am looking into importing some 40's from Oz.
I have found quite a few out there for sale cheap (£1500ish) and a mate is going to look at them for me, i know they won't be the best but the usual problems should be sorted and the rot maybe not so bad. Could even have some nice extras.
Has anyone imported from Oz? what is the procedure? I have a shipping agent that i use for sending stuff that way so waiting for info. Can also have them stripped a little so ship as spares for tax reasons  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 23:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need loads of parts trying to gather enough together to do 2 40's please get in touch if this goes ahead

Also I sell a lot of 2nd hand hilux parts may be worth considering

Darren 07523 857747
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me & a couple of buddies imported a couple of VW split screen campers a few years back - its not a bad process to go through in all honesty...

One day I'd like to get a 40 across the puddle too but not for a while unfortunately...
allana13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavlad wrote:
Me & a couple of buddies imported a couple of VW split screen campers a few years back - its not a bad process to go through in all honesty...

One day I'd like to get a 40 across the puddle too but not for a while unfortunately...

Hey Gav

Any advise on importing a Citi Golf ?

Cheers
JonFJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 22:44    Post subject: FJ40 from Oz Reply with quote

HI, i did it a couple of years ago, the process i went through was as below:-

i dug out all the paperwork for a friend who is looking to do the same thing right now.

I used WTA as my freight forwarder to arrange the RoRo freight, tel no. 02087832100 (colin salter or Martyn Rose) (USD $ approx 1800.00)

i used a local towing company in Oz to get it form seller to port mine was in Victoria and to get it to melbourne i used J&L towing tel 00614407829219 Mr Lawrie Turner (accepted paypal) AUS $180 ish.

It landed at port side and was handled by SAVI , Lisa Henley very helpful (lisa@saviworld.com.au tel 03 9246 7003) make sure car is cleaned thoroughly. they liase with WTA or your nominated freight forwarder

Shipped on ship called FIDELIO, and you should be able to track its movements across the waters on marinetraffic.com

landed in southampton about 6 weeks after leaving Oz.

Calculate costs for duty and vat were, the cost of car plus the shipping.

$3600 + $1800 = $5400 then into pounds (about 1.6 in those days) = £3375.00 then to get VAT amount its 17.5 % of this now 20% approx £675.00 then for duty is was another 9% approx £300 therefore total when it lands would be another £900.00 on a $3500.00 vehicle.

you will need to complete a C384 form , forwarder should complete C88 form and make sure you get a C&E 386 you NEED this to get it registered.

there was tonnes more but its all relatively straight forward.

getting it  registered you will need proof of age (Oz V5 would be great) and MOT (using VIN no), Insurance using VIN no (NFU were good), completed V5 application form, £40 to process, then cost of Tax (if jan 1973 and older no charge),

i had to have vehicle inspected by local DVLA but no real dramas

PM me if you need any more info

cheers

JOn
Landcruiser BJ74 1986
Landcruiser BJ74 1989 (parts car)
parapower

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 13:34    Post subject: Re: FJ40 from Oz Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

Some very usefull info there Very Happy

I'm glad I found mine locally - I was going to do the same as you.

Cheers

Mark.
allana13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics please mark

Ta
parapower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

allana13 wrote:
Pics please mark

Ta

Can't post any pics up yet......must have to wait a few more days Crying or Very sad
mornhills

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon, thanks for the useful info
parapower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

allana13 wrote:
Pics please mark

Ta

Let's try this:

Hope you like !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: