Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What's your view on this 'ready-to-go' 80?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Overland / offroad preparation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
london mc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 15:30    Post subject: What's your view on this 'ready-to-go' 80? Reply with quote

Hi all -am on LC 80 number three, and always planned to convert for an overland trip -however like many of my plans life has simply got in the way, so I am seriously considering buying a ready-2-go' cruiser -I know there are many purists out there who will always deem it better to DIY as you know what you are getting (and may be able to save some cash too) - however, right now time is scare and cash I can rustle up at a push - 'perfect is the enemy of good' -if I wait for perfect I'll be waiting a long time!

so, all said and done I have started to look for overland-cruisers (have left Julian a note on this also, as I believe he may be able to hook me up with a ready-made) -so I saw this one on e bay - am interested in any comments this forum has regarding this vehicle...

http://www.e bay.co.uk/itm/1994-Toyota-Landcruiser-VX-80-series-4-2ltr-Turbo-Diesel-Overland-Ready-/121161247032  

Good value?
Spec?
concerns/ideas/improvements ?

and any other advice comments on buying a ready-2-go.

Thanks
Tom Mc

(ps am selling my un-modded 4.5/LPG with spare wheels and BFG tyres if anyone is interested pm me)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 15:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Olazz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Read my travel Blog:
WWW.derfstravels.com

Last edited by Olazz on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:21; edited 1 time in total
Olazz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

Building an overland truck properly is not cheap, particularly as you never get it right the first time anyway. You will revise /improve/update things after each trip.

Although buying a ready prepared truck is more expensive than a standard one, it will be much cheaper than trying to build to the same spec yourself. If you can do all of the work, then you can save some money, but you still have to cost in the price of off of the goodies you want to add.

No truck will be perfect and even if you build one yourself, it will be a compromise.

The one advertised is not IMO overpriced, and I'm sure you could haggle with the seller.

Like you said time is everyone enemy....

Read my travel Blog:
WWW.derfstravels.com
Bigchaser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olazz wrote:
Hi Tom,

Building an overland truck properly is not cheap, particularly as you never get it right the first time anyway. You will revise /improve/update things after each trip.

Although buying a ready prepared truck is more expensive than a standard one, it will be much cheaper than trying to build to the same spec yourself. If you can do all of the work, then you can save some money, but you still have to cost in the price of off of the goodies you want to add.

No truck will be perfect and even if you build one yourself, it will be a compromise.

The one advertised is not IMO overpriced, and I'm sure you could haggle with the seller.

Like you said time is everyone enemy....

Olazz,
I agree many people think a built truck is expensive, but normally it would cost more to build the same yourself.
2017 Honda Jazz - wife's car
2017 Toyota Fortuner - company truck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Overland / offroad preparation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: