4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Possible new LC....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sted

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 17:52    Post subject: Possible new LC.... Reply with quote

Hi there,

New to the forum but have just been to register my interest in a new/used cruiser, been very tempted by a D4 but the horror stories are just too prolific with them for me to risk an investment.
Basically I work on building sites (project manager), have hobbies that include mountains and snow, have a large dog that needs ferrying about and spend a fair bit of time in Wales, the lakes etc. My current vehicle is an Audi A6 Avant which is a great drive but has been found out a few times this Winter trying to get through flooded roads, up icy slopes and a particularly hair raising clearance issue on a mountain pass  Shocked
I've been looking at the base model (the active) as there is a huge jump of nearly 12k to the Icon model at 48k and I don't really need leather and all the bells and whistles, the one thing that I'm a bit miffed about us the fancy terrain response not being offered as an option, anyone think this is entirely a necessary piece of kit? The side opening tailgate was a head scratcher as well!
It seems to tick all the boxes for me so I've booked a test drive but also asked the guy to keep an eye for a decent used one.
Any comments and tips would be most welcome!  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 17:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

liverboy47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 18:40    Post subject: Possible new LC.... Reply with quote

Hi Sted.

I've just purchased a 2012 LC5 complete with the Terrain Response system (1 owner and 8,000 miles on the odometer (the guy buys a new LC every 12 months - was I just the lucky one to drop on this, or what?). This LC is my 5th (previously owned 2 Amazons (I was deprived of the ownership of the second (literally, my pride & joy) by professional car thieves who stole it off my drive), a Colorado VX and the 2005 LC4 (120 series) that preceeded my current vehicle. The TR system is not a 'must have', but nice to have.
There aren't too many 'previously owned' examples around and I don't know what your budget is but I had a look at a 2012 LC4 at Quicks, Stockport (32k miles @ £32,167). I looked seriously at the Disco 4 but decided against, on reliability history.

You can search the net of course - good luck with your search, I hope you find what you want. My view is, if its the vehicle of choice for the UN - its good enough for me...
Sted

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 19:48    Post subject: Re: Possible new LC.... Reply with quote

liverboy47 wrote:
Hi Sted.

I've just purchased a 2012 LC5 complete with the Terrain Response system (1 owner and 8,000 miles on the odometer (the guy buys a new LC every 12 months - was I just the lucky one to drop on this, or what?). This LC is my 5th (previously owned 2 Amazons (I was deprived of the ownership of the second (literally, my pride & joy) by professional car thieves who stole it off my drive), a Colorado VX and the 2005 LC4 (120 series) that preceeded my current vehicle. The TR system is not a 'must have', but nice to have.
There aren't too many 'previously owned' examples around and I don't know what your budget is but I had a look at a 2012 LC4 at Quicks, Stockport (32k miles @ £32,167). I looked seriously at the Disco 4 but decided against, on reliability history.

You can search the net of course - good luck with your search, I hope you find what you want. My view is, if its the vehicle of choice for the UN - its good enough for me...

Thanks for the response mate, I'll check it out!
liverboy47

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnsons Toyota, Southport have got a 2010 LC4 at reasonable money and RRG at Bolton have got a 2011 '60th Anniversary' special edition based on the LC5. Happy hunting...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: