4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Third row seat stuck closed - alarm sounding...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 22:52    Post subject: Third row seat stuck closed - alarm sounding... Reply with quote

Went to open up third row seats and n/side won't budge.....and seat alarm sounds continuously when driving - great! - stopped now though?  - so booked into Mr T next week - for service as well and grease the prop shaft while they are at it.  Hopefully extended Mr T warranty will cover the seat... Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 22:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dannyson

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update - serviced and prop shaft greased (so they tell me) - couldn't fix seat so booked in for another day to take the thing apart  Rolling Eyes they don't know what its not working but alluded to something like a kids toy or whatever may have slid underneath and jammed it - so that won't be covered under warranty of course.  Also - forgot to mention - when rear door opened - other doors lock after 15 seconds - and if still fiddling around in the back the alarm sounds.  So - they think the pin socket in the rear door is defective and going to look to replace that as well  Confused

Too many electric gizmos to go wrong.....

Nevertheless -  took out another two year warranty with Toyota that will cover it until October 2016 - when I hope I am in a position to chop it in for another or something else - not cheap but I just don't trust these (or any car) not to go 't**s up' and cost a fortune replacing engine or such like - a risk assessment of course - save the money each month in an ISA/Shares?  - £1500 won't pay for anything serious...! Shocked
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't edit last post for some reason - but 'what' should say 'why' - of course
dannyson

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest - to myself really.... as not much interest on here.... cancelled Toyota warranty ... too expensive compared to WD (more than twice as much).  Today - £200 to remove lodged metal item in third row seat that I cannot identify....Great! (I blame previous owner - Toyota Surrey!)  Tailgate electric socket replaced under extended warranty.

Also car sluggish and 'droning' (holding gear too long....?) after last service - a bit like it was on pick up when 'new' when hesitated  until TNS flash update done back in 2011. I suggested they may have allowed a first year apprentice to plug it in and 'unflash' it ... met with a determined no of course....

So now latest ECU flash done, allegedly...... a little better but still 'droning' too much to my mind...not as good as original 're-flash'.
andy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have heard about a fuel filter recall on the 150's , so just a thought that this might be your power problem.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
dannyson

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy - I'll bear that in mind - first i've heard of that and certainly Mr T hasn't mentioned it to me.  Its not that sort of 'sluggish' really - just holding 2nd/3rd gear to long - still ... what can one do? - they gave me the code number of the latest ECU 'flash' or whatever its called and insist the cars fine - changing gear correctly and now has the latest update all FOC! ...will have to learn to live with it I suppose  Rolling Eyes  - don't fancy having it 'chipped' too much - unless Toyota did one mayhap....
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dannyson, can't offer much, but interesting what your sharing, many thanks
dannyson

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome .... Smile
dannyson

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

So back to Mr T ...... took chief mechanic out to demonstrate the drone/resonance/buzzing that appeared after the last service - must be a coincidence he says - we wouldn't have done anything to cause that.... Rolling Eyes  - its got to be a warranty job I say! - well we will if we can they say Evil or Very Mad

Anyway - leave car with them for a couple of days - they think its coming from the wing and need to dismantle everything including the air intake .....

Today they say its not the wing area maybe the engine mounts?  Engine mounts!! - - its not yet 5 years old and only 36,000 miles!

Chief Mechanic off on a course next week so booked in for two days Monday week.  Meanwhile take it home and droning has as near as dammit gone - in fact very difficult to make it do it.... WTF?  Tempted to leave it as I can live with it now as couldn't before....?  And I hate taking a car in for service/work as always concerned it will come back damaged or not performing properly (as was the case here!).  Not sure..... Question  think I will let them do it though - as they think they haven't resolved the matter and I read on Pradopoint there is an issue with engine mounts being weak...... and as they say if it is the mounts it will be done under the extended warranty.

I hate cars!
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the scoop on the engine mounts, indicators etc ?
dannyson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - what do you mean?  I've decided not to 'fix what a'int broken' and leave well alone .... its not making the vibrating noise now..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: