2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

BJ40 production details

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henry clark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 15:49    Post subject: BJ40 production details Reply with quote

Hello all,
I'm in the UK, where 40 series Land Cruisers are very rare. For some reason which escapes me Land Rover has monopolised the market here for more years than I want to think about. The fact that Toyota Land Cruisers are superior in virtually every regard seems to count for little. There were a few imported for use by the Irish Army but even these are hard to find.
Earlier this year I bought a French registered BJ40. To register this for use on UK roads I have to supply proof of the date of manufacture. Easier said than done !
I've written to Toyota in Japan (twice) to no avail. They courteously tell me that because my vehicle is so old, they do not have production records.
My truck was registered in France in 1977, the serial number is BJ40-11975.
Can anyone on this forum advise where I might find this info, or is it destined to be used just around the farm and never set an honest wheel on British roads ?
Thanks for your interest.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 15:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota UK will do it, cost's around £75.

Contact details
Emma Lione
Vehicle Certification Administrator
Legal and Compliance Department
Toyota (GB) PLC
T: 01737 367931
F: 01737 367706
E: pid@tgb.toyota.co.uk
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
henry clark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that information, I'll try it.  Do you know for sure that this is correct, I mean, is it from personal experience or is it anectdotal ?
Reason I'm asking is I wonder why Toyota Head Office in Japan didn't suggest it, or why should Toyota UK have records that Japan hasn't ?
Hope you're right anyway, even if the price seems extraordinarily expensive !!  Many thanks.
andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the info on another forum, so have no proof that it is correct, but it's worth a try.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
henry clark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy for passing on that Toyota contact.  I've tried this Emma Lione lass and she was as helpful as she could be.
She asked me to send her photo's of my chassis plates to see if she could cross check with Head Office in Japan etc.
Unfortunately she's come back with the same results -or lack of them- that Head Office did when I wrote to them, namely,
that the truck is "too old" to be on the database.  Considering it was apparently first registered in France in 1977 it seems
odd that their records for such an iconic vehicle don't go back that far. I hate to say it but Land Rover can give you chapter
and verse on all their vehicles, going back to 1949.
henry clark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd post an update.  Toyota GB have now managed to find the date of manufacture for my 1977 BJ40. Not only that , but they've revised their procedure in relation to supplying build date confirmation letters, and best of all, have seen fit to reduce the price from £75 to £10. How good's that ?  Thank you Emma Louise, and Toyota GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: