Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel consumpsion

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tisme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44    Post subject: Fuel consumpsion Reply with quote

I'm only getting an average of 24mpg on a run when Toyota say 34mpg, is this normal?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dannyson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say not .... I've been getting 30.4/5 mpg for the last couple of years .....
tisme

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread I know but just got back from toyota garage where they were looking at the fuel consumption again (2nd time in 2 1/2 years) they still say nothing wrong. With live next to a main road out of town so most our driving is on A roads not in traffic and we are still only getting 22 to 24 mpg. On a long journey on motorways it goes up to 36 mpg. My wife and I both drive it very carefully and never boot it.

Any thoughts people?
DaveN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems about normal to me. Heavy car with auto takes a lot to get it moving. Toyota dont say 34, thats what it achieved on the EU test, and is the only figure they can use, and legally toyota have to quote it.
tisme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had the car the EU tested then or one of two that my friends own that also do 30+
dannyson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still getting around 30.4/5 - which includes driving 'up country' (to London) every now and again... but most journeys are just local - barely get the car warm enough to ensure the 'EGR' heats up enough....
Gargy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:04    Post subject: long trip due. Reply with quote

Well this weekend we are off to Edinburgh for a couple of days.

Which is a long way from Gloucester................... I'll post up what my LC4 gets.
firemac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours has averaged 30.5 + since we bought it in September. OBC is accurate per a few BtoB actual calcs. Mixed driving but quite alot of long M-way & A-road journies (10K miles + since September). I don't hang about but it ain't an M5  so use is realistic.
It's better than our previous 120 which seldom got over 30 mpg. At the end of the day the LC is a 2.8 tonne 4x4 that has capabilities way beyond most owners; it's comfortable, ultra reliable, doesn't cost alot to service and maintain and in the unfortunate case of an accident, it will ensure that you and your loved ones will walk away unscathed.
Taking all that into account, it's not expensive motoring IMVHO.
firemac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tisme"]Wish I had the car the EU tested then or one of two that my friends own that also do 30+[/quotea
Don't we all! The fact is that the official EC mpg figures are produced in effectively lab conditions which can never be replicated in normal use. Their only use is to allow you to compare one car with another. You will never, ever, ever in a million years of trying achieve the EC mpg values on the road for a sustained period of time. MyLC4 can show 38 mpg immediately after refuelling going downhill on a trailing throttle but, as soon as I have to add some power, real life kicks in and we're back to 30/31 mpg.
Gargy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 23:19    Post subject: 700 miles...... Reply with quote

Having gone from Gloucester to Edinburgh and back again within three days, I'm happy with a average of 33.9 mpg.

Mostly motorway speeds, and all around the legal mark.........................ish..........

Much better than the Range Rover 3.6 TDV8 we had.
firemac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:25    Post subject: Re: 700 miles...... Reply with quote

Gargy wrote:
Having gone from Gloucester to Edinburgh and back again within three days, I'm happy with a average of 33.9 mpg.

Mostly motorway speeds, and all around the legal mark.........................ish..........

That's very good mpg. Not far off the combined official figure. What fuel are you using?
Gargy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 21:23    Post subject: Re: 700 miles...... Reply with quote

firemac wrote:
Gargy wrote:

That's very good mpg. Not far off the combined official figure. What fuel are you using?

Whichever is cheapest...................... Usually Sainsbury's finest.
firemac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:15    Post subject: Re: 700 miles...... Reply with quote

Gargy wrote:
firemac wrote:
Gargy wrote:

Have you ever tried any of the premium diesels such as Shell Nitro to see if they have any positive effects?

I only use Nitro or the BP equivalent in the LC following all the bad press that supermarket diesel got on various RAV4 forums that I participate in. Alot of the diesel RAVs, esp the 4.3s, suffered EGR & DPF issues on supermarket fuel whereas things improved dramatically when they were switched to branded fuel, not neceessarily the premium stuff.
Gargy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 16:41    Post subject: Re: 700 miles...... Reply with quote

firemac wrote:
Gargy wrote:
firemac wrote:
Gargy wrote:

Have you ever tried any of the premium diesels such as Shell Nitro to see if they have any positive effects?

I only use Nitro or the BP equivalent in the LC following all the bad press that supermarket diesel got on various RAV4 forums that I participate in. Alot of the diesel RAVs, esp the 4.3s, suffered EGR & DPF issues on supermarket fuel whereas things improved dramatically when they were switched to branded fuel, not neceessarily the premium stuff.

I had a Range rover TDV8 before this, and a RAV4 before that. Always bought supermarket diesel, and never had a issue......................... So I can only go by my own experiance................................ I don't personally believe the hype about nitro/excellum etc etc type fuels.
CJM625

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting about 475-500 miles to a tank, my 5 speed auto 120 does about 425-450

120 Invincible Grey with Grey

150 Invincible Black with Beige
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: