4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Mud Flaps

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 0:17    Post subject: Mud Flaps Reply with quote

Thought I might as well post this entry I added today on pradopoint - just in case any one here 'upgrades' to the 150 in time.... for your interest.  As far as I recall the 120 mud flaps were just as inadequate if you drove over gravel and the like....

"I don't suppose anyone on this forum is too interested in UK issues regarding these mud flaps - but nevertheless I will plod on for the benefit of the few UK readers (the 150 forum on UK sites may as well be non-existent as there are far, far fewer units on the road in the UK compared to Aus and the like). Despite a DPR with pictures of gravel rash and the like on my car Toyota have responded that it is not an issue in the UK and mine is only the second UK report so they will not act on it. My local 'workshop controller' advised them that a change of the bumper would resolve the issue (as the new mud flaps do not fit because of the underbody panel extension) - Toyota said this change would probably invalidate the warranty as it would no longer be UK spec.

All new 150 Land Cruisers (Prados) in the UK have the new extended mud flaps as standard - but they do not fit my 2009 model. So looks as though I'm stuffed. Frustrating and annoying - but it just shows how many manufacture changes there are - it almost seems from month to month as two lots of extended mud flaps with different body panel extension lengths would not fit!

Because the new longer mud flaps are fitted as standard now its unlikely there will be sufficient DPRs to push Toyota into changing anything for my manufacture date. I suggested that the only other way forward was to put in a warranty claim for paint repairs to the bumper/doors caused by gravel rash because of too short mud flaps..... needless to say its all gone quiet."
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 0:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dannyson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract from my latest post on 'Pradpoint' - "Well, mud flap problem still not resolved for me..... after the failed DPR report, I submitted a letter, together with extracts from this forum, including the photographs of muck/rash up the panels, to Toyota UK customer relations.

Apparently my vehicle is 'Homoglated' - as all yours should be. Yes - I had to look it up as well.

So as a result of this so called 'Homoglation' Toyota GB are unable to provide technical assistance to 'modifications' outside of the manufacturers specification. etc etc.... (I know!)

They also pointed out they searched their records back to 2002 (so including all UK Land Cruisers I guess) and mine is only the second complaint and additionally as 'in general the models we sell in the UK are used with standard road tyres on A and B roads, motorways, dual carriageways etc'.... they consider the mud flaps fitted are 'fit for purpose'. I suppose they have a point - if we drove on gravel roads, sand and the like - much of what you in Aus seem to do that may be different.

Nevertheless, there is damage to the usual points, and all new UK models have the longer mud flaps (the latter Toyota UK did not acknowledge).

I have to say though, the page and a bit letter from Toyota was fairly personable and not a pre-printed jobby sort of thing. They appreciated my 'strength of feeling on the matter' etc etc.. but there nothing they could do because we've been 'Homoglated'.

So, for me, no driving on gravel/sandy roads. I can't see any point pursuing the matter with the 'office of fair trading/trading standards' - Toyota UK seem to have 'all bases covered' as it were. If there were more than just two UK complaints and able to submit a petition then there might be some mileage in pushing it further - but that seems very unlikely."
Ric

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this damage to steel panels or plastic panels?  If it is to steel panels then clearly it may well have long term consequences in terms of rust.
dannyson

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plastic panels on rear bumper ..... front doors - obviously steel - but not 'down to the metal'...
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Old post I appreciate, however now encountering the same issue.

Before I make my own, provided Toyota with following P/N's to see if they can locate them.

FR LH - 76622-448AO

FR RH - 76621-448AO

RR LH - 76626-448AO

RR RH - 76625-448AO

Was it discussed, or a reason why for e.g. 2012/13 mud flaps wont fit a 2009/10 vehicle ? I haven't checked into this myself, but do notice on sales pictures, laster LC's do have longer mudflaps fitted etc.
dannyson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 14all and all ...

Mr T may find the mud flaps for you and the front ones should fit but the rear ones won't at least they didn't on my 2009/10 model.  As mentioned previously - according to Mr T - the only way to do it would be to replace the rear bumper with a newer model one which has the appropriate slots and recesses for the new mud flaps.  

This is not possible by Mr T because the bumper on our models are 'homogenised' ---- in other words made to fit the vehicle and its euro safety spec and they would not be allowed to replace without compromising the car.  

Now I know this is 'tosh' and I've no doubt if our vehicles, due to damage, had to have the rear bumper replaced they would probably have to fit a newer model one and thus would have to fit the newer mud flap?  Rolling Eyes  

I figured that life was to short to keep pushing the matter .... and as I rarely drive over gravel or seriously off road I can live with it, reluctantly, (indeed Mr T said our models were designed mainly for road use? - yet the same iddy biddy mud flaps were fitted to Aus models as well - only for a short while though! - they created enough of a stink to change things there - and as a consequence they are now fitted on all new cars).....
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to do something about this soon, dirty roads/pot holes etc only making the situ worse.

I saw 1 in the summer, with home made jobs, I should have spoken to him
dannyson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look on pradopoint and go back a while there were plenty of posts (before they were all replaced under warranty as a 'recall' by Toyota Aus.) as to how they did home made jobbies ..... often involved 'bolting' a cut down mud flap onto the original .....  Rolling Eyes
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, agreed, just bought a set from e bay yesterday to do some sort of mudflap mashup.
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame though that Mr T won't do the right thing here in blighty and change the mudflaps for the proper size ones like they did in Aus. Homogenised or not - theres alway a work around if they could be *beep*!  Thinking I may change makes next time..... Rolling Eyes
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dannyson,

So, surfed around and bought a couple of sets of after market Mudflaps that I thought I could tailor to fit, but when arrived, considered nothing would look like the proper OEM ones.

So, went in my local Toyota dealer, used the VIN from the new LANDCRUISER  inthe showroom and ordered a complete set to see if they would fit my 2011 model. We agreed if I kept the packing intact and the flaps clean and not tampered with I could return them.

Hey presto, fitted right on, no mods, and all bolts/fixings lined up and exactly the same, front and rear. Only thing, is on the rear flaps a small section is painted to match the car, but the viewing angle is so low, it doesn't really matter, and the black doesn't look out of place at all.

P/N's are:

T76621-60180, T76622-60150, T76625-60330 & T76626-60330.

£21.66 ea + VAT, total £99.84.

Job done, for my car at least.

It's an July 2011 registered cruiser.
dannyson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good result 14 and all ..... they won't fit my 2009 jobbie though....! too late to worry about now and will put up with what I've got..... Crying or Very sad
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dannyson,

PM's you, but msg sitting in the "outbox" but also advises it's been sent, so we'll see.

If you don't receive the msg let me know as theres some details on it for you.

My removed Mud flaps, 1 front and 1 rear are posted to you today for you to compare etc..
dannyson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 all and all - you have a private message.....
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, replied now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: