4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front axle & hub rebuild- experience that may be helpful

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkeyes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

A picture is better than a thousand words.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Joseph Peace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the picture.  I can see that there isn't an oil seal where I thought one would go which would be on the outer side of the bushing in the knuckle spindle.

The swivel housing grease is getting past that bushing and seeping through the splines and into the hub.  Is this what is supposed to happen?  Anyone?
Darkeyes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thats not what is supposed to happen. Have you checked your diff breather to make sure it is venting.
My guess is it's not, which has forced diff oil through your axle seals into your steering knuckle and beyond.
maft67

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all .........i need to do this as one of my swivels is dry/rusty all the chrome has gone ....the other is leaking grease out everywhere so have to be replaced ....i have had a price from garry@80breaker for £240.00 for a empty case front axle powder coated in black .....great write up/post .....very informative ....i only have 1&1/4 turns on drivers side steering lock and 2 full turns on passenger lock can anyone advise ? i am into double figures in the land cruisers i have owned first one i have had to do any maintenance ! ...bought the cruiser off a old guy had it 17 years ....nice and straight shiny on top but fresh out a large op i didnt really look underneath got complacent which led to  £1500 of welding !! now suspension ,swivels, discs and pads etc all need doing ....going for a 2" iron man lift , black diamond discs and pads , ....have seen some rota grid offroad wheels 16x8 has anyone tried them ? i found it difficult to find a dished 16" wheel ....does anyone know what tyres i can get away with on a 2" lift ......i have a nice set of 15" black deep dish steels with cooper stt 33x12.50x15 tyres one is new the other 4 have 7-8mm tread .............expensive times to come!! got the cruiser for a fair price  ....but atleast i know its all done ....has 213k so nicely run in many thanks to you all for any help .........cheers mark
maft67

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 15"deep dish  steels and cooper  tyres are for sale by the way as dont fit my 80 !! ........cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: